tv-18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike chip

Reaction score
i went by the local tracker dealer to check them out. Dont have anything good to say about them so i will move on. I asked him about real world speed numbers with the stock 75 and the 90 hp. He said it would never hit 40 unless it was still on the trailer. So how about some real world gps numbers on yall's boat.

thanks

mike

My boat will hit 51.2 on the GPS, with 51.7 if I've got the perfect conditions. Keep in mind that's with a 150, a full load of fuel, two big guys and all their gear, and a Mercury Black Max 14 x 23 aluminum 3-blade prop turning 5100 RPMs at WOT.

That particular dealer needs to get his head out of....

the clouds. He's probably right about the 75, but I'll bet the 90 will crack 40.

I HAVE a Deep V 17 with the 90 and the only time it has seen 40 WAS on the trailer. It will run 38 to 40 on the speedo but GPS has never been over 36. Trimmed to 5400 rpm, it will go to 5500 but, I don't usually take it that far.

I've got a 90 on mine...

Stock aluminum prop...hits 40 on the speedo, but never had a gps with me...

Hey Pat...

What prop should I ask Santa Claus for this Christmas?

I'd love to see those mid-40's!

az

44 MPH on the stock setup gps. Like Pat said, for what the boat costs, it does a lot of things very well. Mine is a 2000 with the 90 on it,and we have had a blast with it. Lots of storage, dry ride, and inexpensive to operate.

Bruce M

The prop that's on there (and the spare in my gear locker) are aluminum for a reason. When I'm running in three feet of water over rocks and gravel, I'd rather rip up the blades of an aluminum prop than tear up my lower unit.

Now...that said...what "decent" prop would you recommend?

I'd like to put a Tempest Plus 14 x 21 on the motor for those times I'm on "big water" (Lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock). Is there a better wheel for this setup?

One other thought: If I can pull 52 mph out of a 150 running an ALUMINUM prop, I think it support my statement that this particular dealer should take some money out of savings, and buy a clue.

The TV-18 is a great aluminum boat......that and the Avalanche are my 2 fav's from Tracker.

I gotta believe that the Avalanche with a 175Opti would be an awesome ride!! I was VERY impressed with the one I drove in NY,..and that had a 150XR6 on it. Excellent holeshot and superior turning with great top end!!...a very nice boat indeed IMHO!!

Mac

I gotta toot my horn about the TV-18 (again)...

The last time I was out fishing, and we were preparing to load the boat to go home, I dropped my partner off so that he could go get the truck and the trailer. I headed out to the middle of the lake to dump our fish entrails and do a little "testing".

From idle forward going as slow as I could go, I hit the throttle HARD to see what the hole shot is REAAAAALLLLY like. I didn't want to do this kind of test with my wife or a fishing buddy in the boat because I didn't know what to expect.

The boat jumped up on plane so fast that our two tackle bags literally ROLLED from the front of the boat's lower well all the way back to the bench seats, and my anchor fell over on it's side with a bang.

With two guys in the boat, and my partner running the stopwatch, my holeshot is 3.2 seconds from dead stop to up on plane. It takes another 12 seconds to get it to 51 mph.

And this is a boat that DOESN'T have a "pad".

Mo - "I headed out to the middle of the lake to dump our fish entrails" help me on this? You got a cleaning station on your boat and did you have sushi!!! LOL

The rules of the lake, Mr. TrepMan. This private lake has one boat ramp that is in close proximity to the intake for a potable water treatment plant. We have to clean our fish in a specific spot near the boat dock, but we can't dump the entrails into the dumpsters or throw them into the woods. The only recourse is to put them into a bucket half-filled with water, drive out into the middle of the lake and feed the turtles.

Those who violate this very specific procedure are subject to the wrath of the property owner, the local water quality inspectors and the management staff.

I don't knock sushi. I just won't eat it.

Back