TV-18 step modification

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
Last summer I replaced the nice middle seat and put a carpeted step in. It looks good and really makes it nice for the non-boater in torunaments. I have also added some rubberized step material to the gun wales where most people like to step on the boat when entering or flipping. Saves the paint!

Randy

IMG010.JPG

IMG011.JPG

Sorry guys can't figure out how to make them smaller!

Looks nice Randy...

On my 2001 TV-18, all I had to do was remove the seat...it was already carpeted underneath...where did you get the 'step' material???

az

Andy I took a piece of marine grade plywood and sealed it with marine laquer. I then got a free piece of matching carpet and carpeted the entire board. Then all it took was putting a stainless piano hinge on it to mount in to the boat. I could not just remove the seat as a gaping hole is under the seat for storage.

How did you like the step material I put on the gunwales?

Are you going to Kentucky Lake this may with everyone?

Randy!

Randy-

I guess I didn't word my question right...I was talking about the gunwale step material - LOL...where did you get it? self-sticking?

And, yes....10 weeks to Lake Barkley....(although we park the houseboat only a couple miles from the channel to Kentucky Lake)...

Can't wait...7.5lber in 05, 6.25lber in 06....need and 8 this year!

az

Andy I got the step material from Cabela's. It comes in an 18" x 18" sheet and had to cut it to size. I also had to use extra glue to hold it in place, I used Gorilla Glue. Messy but holds!

Last year went down to the classic and caught a 8.4lbr on Lake Walk in Water within the first hour of fishing. Lot of fun

Can't wait to see you all down there!

Randy!

Back