Turning 18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
My birthday is in a couple of weeks. What is that thing I have to do so I can go in the draft or whatever. I know I am required to do it but I forgot what the thing was called...and can I enroll or whatever online?

Go to your local post office. Ask where the cards are for Selective Service Registration. Fill it out. Send it off. It's very easy to do, but I have no idea if you can do it over the internet today.

Selective Service thats what it is called. Thanks.. I went blank and knew I needed to get it done.

Thanks

BJ

Oh..... WOW..... Registering for the draft..... I remember that..... I was 4-F because I was a diabetic..... I also remember the first reinstatement of the draft for Viet Nam when I was 19 and at college.....

When is your actual birthday, BJ?

Thanks for the save, Greg! Twenty one years ago, the internet wasn't even a dream.

Oh yes it was a dream....it was Al Gore's dream. That was around the time that he took the intitiative to create it, I think. I'll have to check my history book to see when he actually created it.

LOL

Wolf

I am now registered.

Me!-It is January 20.

Thanks all

I joined the Navy 2 weeks after my 17th birthday and after about 3 years of service my Dad got a letter saying I needed to Register for the Draft.. I never did.. Did my 20.. Retired at 37.. Now I fish all the time..lol

But if you dont plan on joining then Registering for the draft is required.

Happy Birthday..

Max <><

Back