Tundra's are out of the lineup

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I guess Tracker is carring Tundra's as a special order only for 2009. Ofcourse this makes me feel real good. My dealer says no worries as they will still fix and carry parts for now. A fiberglass deep V Nitro will be the new Multi species rig.

fatrap

I don't understand their direction sometimes. Some of their best sellers have been taken out of the picture. The 190 is nowhere near the sales of the 185XT.

They had so much money tied up in the Avalanche program and then just dropped the ball!

What a great design to refine on...I dunno maybe they have something better in the works?

Even though they still remain #1 in aluminum sales...that's only because of the $

I suspect they want to compete with the Ranger multi-species....619 or Fisherman or whatever it's called now. I was in one on Green Bay this year and let me tell you the driver put it through its paces. 30 mph winds and 4-5 footers. Big heavy boat but that's what you want in the big stuff. I just hope they do their homework. Since these boats will be used in the worst of the worst, they don't need fiberglass or gel problems trumpeted from owners.

TOXIC

I have to believe that it was a problem of getting production issues ironed out...they were subcontracted products. Otherwise, there is no other reason for dropping the boats. The Tundra and Avalanche were outstanding ideas and later production were fantastic boats. Tox you would have found that a 21' Tundra was every bit as "at home" on Green Bay as was John's Ranger.

I have to believe that it was a problem of getting production issues ironed out...they were subcontracted products. Otherwise, there is no other reason for dropping the boats. The Tundra and Avalanche were outstanding ideas and later production were fantastic boats. Tox you would have found that a 21' Tundra was every bit as "at home" on Green Bay as was John's Ranger.

Very well could be production issues but, I reaaly like the idea of the "formed" boats.

A really innovative concept:cool:

I just wish the formed Avalanche they could have figured a design that actualy surpased the glass counterparts for the same/less money and ligher to boot!

I would love the dual console avalance with a 150-175 Opti, but way over my price range, and the differences against my 17ft Nitro 115 not worth it. Now a 20ft formed alluminium with a 225-250 Merc YEAH BUDDY!!!

Don't mean to take away from the topic, but feel this is relevant to the aluminum boat issue. You've probably already have seen this, or heard about it, but here's an article dated 9/25/08 from bassfan.com : (long read, but interesting)

Genmar back into Aluminum9/25/2008

Genmar chairman and CEO Irwin Jacobs circulated a letter to all Genmar dealers that announced the company will aggressively re-enter the aluminum market. That's significant news for a couple of reasons.

Remember that Genmar sold its aluminum boat brands

Latest posts

Back