Tundra WT problems are over

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woohooo congrats FatRap. When are you going to have it on Anita?

Congrats... Now I know we gotta get together to fish ASAP...

NEW BOAT!!! Post pictures, please!?!

You need to sell one of those M1 Carbines now? You have my email address. ;)

And, of course, congratulations.

Ed

Two things can happen. One Joe(salesman) will have to drive to St. Louis to pick it up at one of our stores there this thursday. Or.... One will finally arrive at our store this week. We have three on order. In that case I'll have it next week sometime. I won't be here as I will be walleye fishing in S. Dakota all next week.

Three days to prep and install keelguard. It should be ready to put on Anita sometime in July but I will be leaving the 5th to go on vacation to the Pacific NW and visit my sister and walleye fish the Columbia with a WWII Marine fighter ace. (corsairs Pappy Boington's former commanding officer.) The Colonel's driving his boat and he's in his eighties. So pending my return "alive" I'll post pics and be fishing locally then.

Rich I never ended up with the Carbines. I bought a Bushmaster A2 with the money I was saving for that. Love the AR15.

Greg this is my retirement boat. I think I'm throwing in the towel after this year and just work at Bass Pro. My intentions are to fish bigger waters that were unsafe with my little Nitro. I still love that boat and wish I could keep it and have both.

I have much trepitation over this. I have a big surgery upcoming and ant the daughter is threatening a wedding soon so maybe should have waited but what the hell.

Like I said pics will be forthcoming in a week or so when it arrives.

Mike G aka

fatrap

We will try to stir up the fish on Anita while you are gone. My son had a 5 pound cat hit his wally diver over there last weekend. Gave him one hellava fight. The bass were whacking jig n pigs. He tossed the diver out and was cranking it back over the underwater rocks when the cat tried to rip his arm off. Have a good trip up north.

Get some pix's of you with the Colonel!!.......I'm a HUGE Boyington fan and read everything I can on the "Black Sheep"....that's pretty cool. Hey,..that's kinda like hanging out with Gunny Hathcock's son,......;):rolleyes: and I heard he can fish too!! Small world aye!!??

Mac

I'll have video for sure. The Columbia is huge water. I've done Lake Erie and the likes but I'm more intimidated by Columbia in a small boat. Maybe it's the canyon walls and limited access couple with few inhabited areas. Some places look like a moonscape. Don has sixteen acres of virgin shore line that looks like paradise we'll probably head there first. My last time I fished with him he had this five gallon bucket full of dirt in the boat. I asked where the nite crawlers were and he pointed to the bucket and said "your gonna have to dig for them" the Colonel wasn't a big fan of "Pappy" as his commanding officer they butted heads. Before Boyington died he had a book signing in California and Invited both Joe and Don Foss. The didn't go. He never went into it much more than that. NOW he WILL talk about the Presidents he has flown. Just doesn't talk much about WWII. Who know maybe he will have some good stuff to share. I know I'm looking forward to it.

Mike

fatrap

Ed. I think I'm gonna try Icaria tomorrow morning.

Where in the heck do u fish in Iowa?!!! The river? Whatcha selling??? Congrats on the new boat.

Icaria huh. Let me know how it is. It was done a year behind Anita. The bass first stocking should be in the 14 inch range. I am sure the cats and walleye were 10 to 12 inch on the first stocking so you they will be in the keeping size.

Teri we don't have many places. Most are 300 acres or less. They have had to kill almost all of them and start over because of yellow bass. Our favorite Anita is starting to put out keepers. Icaria should be a year away. Viking and twelve mile was killed last year. and now I hear they are going to half to "OFF" Green Valley again. Thats like 3 times in 10 years for it.

Three mile is going to need to be killed soon as they have spotted yellow bass in it. We haven't had many good places here in SW Iowa for the last 7 years. Hopefully the DNR will get this straightened out and then stay the hell out of lakes that are fine and stop trying to improve on things.

Icaria was lots of small bass. Walleye up to 15 inches and nice crappie. Not a bad day.

Teri I'm selling my Nitro 1993 Ricky Clunn DC with a 90 hp Evinrude. I'd like to keep it and have both. It's a great little boat.

Mike G

fatrap

Latest posts

Back