Tundra or deckboat around Dallas?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Tundra or deckboat around the DFW area that they wouldn't mind taking me out in? I'm not "in the market" for another boat yet, but always looking for "what's next". The tundra's look nice and I like the seating arrangement options. I want something with a lower profile like a bass boat, but higher gunwales and better in rough water. I mean something I can anchor in rough water and FISH out of, without being soaked. I realize a 3' wave is a 3' wave, but there's got to be a better option than a bassboat for striper fishing, but still be able to hold its own in a bass tournament... maybe not 70mph, but 55?

Curious if you hear anything on a Tundra, only one I've seen in Dfw is the one at Bass Pro Shops. I'd like to test drive one also, won't be in the market to buy till next year.

Mike, I think about this same topic a lot. I'm half convinced that a bay boat is the right choice. But I usually change my mind at least twice a month.

I'm with you on the bay boat. The drawback is getting under bridges, and Cedar Creek Lake has some REALLY low ones.

I see a few Bay boats fishing the BASS Federation events. Down here in SouthEast Texas it makes even more sense, being so close to saltwater.

Latest posts

Back