Tubing Accident

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
Just recently we had a young boy killed while tubing in Henderson Lake near LAfayette, La. While turning around the young boy was being pulled wide and hit a tree. Right now they are lowering the lake to work on the dam and the trees are showing. It's sad because his step-dad was driving the boat. THe lake is already too small just for fishing as it is.

Barry from La.

Those tree stumps in Henderson are all different heights. No matter what the water level is, there will always be stumps just above and just below the waterline. And, like all our Louisiana water, it's either stained or muddy, so anything below the waterline is invisible. I'm surprised we haven't had more accidents with all those annoying jet skis that are becoming more popular there.

Barry,

You ever try Big Alabama Bayou?

A couple of years ago I learned that an area I used to water ski over was loaded with stumps and only 3 foot deep. It was only by the grace of God or dumb luck that we never had a problem. This area should have been marked but was and is still not. While you can not protect everybody, some of these kind of places are not known or marked?

BF

Back