Truth in advertiseing (automotive)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
Max's post the other night got me to thinking about the ads some auto service providers use. I heard one the other day that made me stop and laugh. "COMPLETE BRAKE JOB $69.99 PER AXEL, labor extra" it was a radio ad. The only reason shops do $9.99 oil changes is to get your car on the lift and pick it apart. Now most shops will only tell you what you do need maint or repair wise. But like any other industry there are enough bad apples out there to give the rest a bad name. I like the tire ads $19.99 per tire (small print 155r12) so unless you have an old Festiva they don't fit your car.

BF

There is NO TRUTH in advertising...there's ALWAYS a catch somewhere. 99.9999999% of the time:)

69.99 per axle plus labor, I WISH, boss expects us to do full job assuming it doesn't need any rotors or hardware for that price.... maybe im just in the wrong part of the country,and as far as the 9.99 oil changes, yes those are to get the vechicle in and try and up sell maintnance, i dont agree with them in anyway shape or form, possibly because the shop makes absoultly nothing if not losing money on doing them. However it is pretty much standard accross the industry.

Let's shed some light fella's, I offer a free transmission diagnotics with no catch! Of course it's a "leader" to be able to sell a trans but thats what I'm here for. That is if it's a true trans problem. Granted most repair shops try to lead you in on the cheap oil change and "swarm" the car to up sell, but what if your wife or kids went for that cheap oil change and the tech found a dangerous problem like a tie rod or ball joint ready to fall off!...then we thank them. Marty

Back