Trolling speed/also an aerator queston

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S Boring

Reaction score
Another question..My 1998 Tracker ProV 175 has a 75 hp motor which is just a tad fast to troll. I've been mulling over getting a Happy Troller to put over the prop and I'm looking for a little feedback over that.

The aerator on the boat has went out, and while working on it I've made another question for you all. Water enters the boat on a 3/4 hose connected to a switch device (sorry cant think of a better way to describe it) which feeds the aerator pump and also acts as a drain for the live well. So its water in and water out all in the same device. What's puzzling me is the 1 or 1 1/2" hose right next to it that I have always thought was the drain for the livewell. Any idea what the other hose is? I'm probably just showing my ignorance here but I'm puzzled.

My guess would be, the overflow drain hose for the livewell.

Thats probably it. Under my extreme stress and cursing fits trying to get in there and get that stuff figgured out and just plain out, that never came to mind

Yeah, I know what you mean. My arms looked like I was in a cat fight after I had to change my bilge pump in my PT185. I dread the day if I ever have to change out the livewell pump.

I put a trolling plate on that works automaticly & really like it, think I got it at Cabela's.

Had a "happy troller" but would forget to release it when I was done trolling so I went to the "auto" one & have not been sorry I did.

You can also use a "drift sock" over the side to dramatically slow you down... Some believe they work better than the trolling plates because they do not hinder "control". If you do get a trollig plate and find that it is difficult to control the boat i wind or current you can try drilling a 2-3" hole in the center of the plate to allow "some" directional thrust.

By the way, a 5 gallon plastic bucket makes an inexpensive drift sock to test the effect.

Latest posts

Back