Trolling Motor Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I tried to take the prop off of my trolling motor to get out any fishing line or debris that may have gotten in there. It wont come off. Its usually fairly easy to unscrew the cap and then pull the prop off. For some reason it wont budge. Its like its jammed on there.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated!

BJ

Maybe a bent shear pin? You might try tapping it off with a mallet.

So far I have tried...

Rubber Hammer, Screw Driver (prying it off), and my dad holding the shaft while I pull as hard as i can and vise versa.......

it wont budge..

Keep working at it, its a bent pin for sure. I would be weary of hitting it with a hammer though, its a good way to crack the magnets inside. I would just keep working at it, worst case cut it off with a dremel trool.

Try a small, lighter weight gear puller. CAREFULLY attach the pullers to the base of the prop and tighten it up and it'll pop right off. Done it couple times like this. BUT- do be carfeul with the pulling arms. If you arent carefull you'll knock the blade out of balance, and it'll vibrate like crazy.

Have you tried two big screwdrivers (one on each side of the prop base) using their leverage and prying up evenly from both sides? I've used that successfully 99% of the time. (I've got a ziz-wheel for the other 1%. LOL!) Good luck!

Back