Trojan owners, what model for Trolling ??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Payne

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a pair of trojans for the 901, curios as to what model others have used and thier performance!!

Thnks!

ribbed...

Seriously, whats a trojan?

I have the scs 225's in my boat. They are without a doubt the best batteries i have ever used period. The ones i have are a group 31 size, i had to swap the battery trays out to get them to fit. The scs 200 is a group 27 size and will fit right in the stock trays that the nitro comes with. The scs 200 is a very good battery for its size, it had a greater capacity then most other group 27 batteries, the same can also be said for the scs 225's that i have. I would get the scs series for sure for trolling, its what its designed for. The tm series is a dual purpose and has less capicity(i run a 27tm for my starting battery)

To give you an idea on the performance ill describe what i fished in my tournament on sat. I fished in a 20-25mph wind all day (7am to 4pm)with my 74# minnkota on anywhere from 70%power all the way to high. i almost never took my foot off it when i was fishing bacause of the wind and boat wakes. After all that i still had full power at the end of the day and when i went to the hotel room to charge up they were fully charged in like 3 hours, i hardly even ran them down. These batteries have seen a season and a half of tough use and still work like new. yes thay are a little more money then walmart batteries but worth every penny in my opinion.

Rich, they are a high end wet cell battery maker.

I got the same condom jokes when i asked this question last year. lol

I thought Simi was taking the board in a whole new direction!

Thanks Jim...

Looks like I can get the 225s for $85, gonna pick them up in the next week or so...

how much trouble to change out the battery trays?

The darn interstate batterys I have are already weak... been thru 3 sets in 2 years... just not gonna mess with them anymore.

Rich... who me!??

Wow 225's for 85 bucks? where are you getting those at? i pais $110 each for mine and thats the cheapest i could find out here in Mass. Changing the trays is easy, just unscrew the old ones, fill the old holes with silicone and screw the new trays down, make sure you silicone the threads to keep water out and thats all there is to it.

I feel the same way you do about the interstates, i have had them as well as the everstart and duralast. Come to find out all three are made by the same company as well as die hard and many others and i have found all of them to not last very long. I know i wont ever buy them again. The trojans on the other hand have been superb, i fish a lot and fish a lot of tournaments and they have never let me down yet ann im sure they wont any time soon.

You will be happy with these batteries. This is the third season I've been using mine and I love em. Never had a problem with them........

Jim,

Getting them at the "BatteriesPlus" store that just opened up... I was a bit surprised at the price myself.

Now, If I could just get my money back on these two interstates....

Thanks!

Back