Trim gauge question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VA Chris

Reaction score
Ok, help me out gang. I have a Fisher 18ft (Tracker made) Fish and Ski with a 115 Merc. It has a trim gauge on the dash but it the needle only moves about 3/8 of an inch between max trim down and max up and it always reads way down on the left side (trim down position) of the gauge. Through experience I know where the sweet spot is but I would still like the gauge to read properly. Do you think it is a bad gauge? impropery installed? Can it be adjusted?

Any help is appreciated.

Chris, look on the right side of the motor bracket just below where the pivot point is for the tilt on your motor. You'll find a trim position sensor there with two screws holding it on. Loosen the screws and move it slightly in one direction and snug the screws. Try your trim and watch the guage to see which direction it changed. Use trial and error to zero, or center the sending unit, so that you get the same amount of travel on the guage up and down, With the proper adjustment, you should see full travel on the guage.

Hope this helps.

BruceM

Back