Trim Extenders

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Chance

Reaction score
I have a 901. Anybody with a 9 series hull have any experience using trim extenders? Did they help any on your hull?

DC

I had a 901 and never had any issues with trim or performance. I don't think you'll need trim extenders!! I had a 200 Opti on it with a 4 blade 24P prop and it had a great hole-shot.......if anything it was nose light and I had to use more "down" than "up" trim to keep it from porpusing.

What kind of issues are you having??

Off topic, but did you win something on the bassfan website Derek? If that was you congrats.

Tim

No I didn't win, but that would be sweet!

I have a 901 with a 200 efi. the efi is the 2.5 liter.

I am at 3.5 inches below pad with a 23 tempest and am only turning 5700 rpms and getting 59 mph gps fully loaded. I know this is a heavy (not so fast) boat, but I think it should do better on top end than 59. I cannot raise motor becuase my water pressure is already 12-13 psi. I may try lowering and try a 24p trophy. I ahve the 10 inch fixed plate also.

Tim,

So you had me curious, I went to the bassfan website and you were right! I did win something. Some zipper worms or something. Pretty sweet, never won anything like that before.

DC

I ran the extenders on my 882 for a while. I did get some extra lift and maybe a little speed and rpm but they werent worth the holeshot sacrifice. Getting out of the hole they were really noticiable with two guys and a full well.

I would think you should be able to raise that motor higher. When was the last time your water pump was replaced? id think at 3.5" below the pad you would get more then 12psi. My 882 was 2.5" below the pad and when a new pump and housing i was getting over 20 psi at wide open on my 150 xr6.

Derek,

Didn't mean to hi-jack your thread, but I wish I could win something sometime. I keep telling myself I'm holding out on all the contests because I'm going to win the Lottery!!:lol::D:wacko:

Look again at the Jewell post earlier. I smacked 'em again yesterday ont he jigs!!

Tim

I've got a 24P 4 blade trophy 4 sale.

Maybe 60hrs on the prop, nice condition, no dings, $200 to your door.

Got vent plugs too, she came off my 896 with 200 EFI, turned 5,900 went up to a 25p 3 balde and dropped to 5,700 and up to 70gps on a light load.

JS

Back