Transon Saver??

• Thread starter Rick Hale [URL]http://www.m-ywedge.com/[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this looks like it may take the stress off of your tilt/trim system but all the weight and pressure is still placed on your transom. The true transom saver still seams the best way to go since all the weight is put on your trailer rather than your boat.

I read an article one time that said that the transom saver takes all the shock and vibration from the trailer and transmits it directly to the lower unit causing stress cracks in the lower unit case. Has anybody ever heard about this?

Harpo

I've heard transom saver arguments for 30 years. In the "old" days, before power trim & tilt, they seemed to be a good idea to keep the motor from "bouncing" up and down when trailering. Since power trim & tilt, that doesn't happen anymore.

When my brother bought his Gambler, the people at the dealership chuckled at transom savers and mentioned that the stress and torque on the transom was far greater while jumping on plane and blowing across the water than it would ever be while towing the boat.

I use one to keep the motor straight while towing because I think it looks awful tilted to one side or the other and I believe it doesn't hurt anything to have one on.

All in all, not being a scientist, I don't think they're necessary and just may do what Soonerfan mentioned.

Bill

When was the last time you saw a bay boat or center console running down the road with a transom saver.. In 2000 I had a triton and the dealer told me it was not needed. But I used one anyway...

don't use one on my bay boat. everyone says it's not needed.

bryan

Back