Transmission Fluid

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
How often should you have the transmission fluid changed if you are towing about 5000 miles a year?

Your owners manual will give you the "suggested" intervals. I do mine every 30 to 40,000 miles because I work the Explorer hard pulling the 929.

TOXIC

Fishing was awesome this weekend. I haven't had time to post much but I will put some pictures up when I get some time. Still waiting for that 5 pounder.

One thing to do regularly on your tansmission fluid, is to check it for a burned or smoky smell. Also, take some off the dip stick, and let it stand on something with a white background. It will give you some idea on the quality of your existing fluid.

Just had the Buick (97 LeSabre) serviced, because my oil change guy indicated it was burned (it smelled funny). Spending $100.00 to get the tranny serviced every 24-36K miles, is much cheaper than the alternative. I've been getting my tow vehicle serviced every 2 years recently.

Tex

Back