Transducer question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Got a question that maybe some of you can help me with. Just back from SD fishing deep walleyes. Deeper than 40 fow. My Lowrance 522c looses the graph picture after 45 feet. Maybe a blurring line but thats it. Schools of baitfish totally block the bottom no matter depth. I switched the unit to the front troller head. Same ducer and beautiful picture no matter what depth. The 510 got the crappy bottom images with the rear mounted ducer. Tried it with no boat movement thinking maybe cavitation was playing into effect even at trolling speeds same results. Has anyone had this problem before and fixed it with buying a new transducer? Kind of like some insight before I drop the $$ on a new transducer.

Yeah I know most of you fish bass in six inches of water:D but someone may have had the same issue.

fatrap

d

Does the 522c have the lastest software update? I think it is v2.5. Download it from Lowrance onto an SD Card that is less than 4GB. It will not recognize anything larger. I do not know why but it won't. All of the isnstructions are on the Lowrance website.

RH

Back