Trailer Rim Rust and Pitting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
My trailer is now 5 years old and the rims are starting to look pretty bad ... rust and pitting. I've used various cleaners to remove some of the rust but they are still pretty bad. Any suggestions on how to remove the rust? :(

Thanks

Paul

I use a product called Fluid Film which is available from John Deere Dealers to spray on any rust areas. It won't remove the rust but it reacts with it and seems to not wash off when under water.

I work at an outdoor theater and we use this product on the iron clamps on stage lights and it protects them from rusting at all, especially when they are taken down and stored over the fall and winter months.

The fluid film is pricey but anything that really works is worth the price.

Cheapest and best is Turtle Wax chrome polish...you can get it at WallyWorld:D

Reapply it about twice a year and they'll look like new.

Does the TurtleWax product removce existing rust?

It polishes the rust out so you don't see it and it keeps it from getting worse. Once rust is there on chrome...it's there unless you strip and rechrome.

Try it...you'll like it:D

Thanks Tee. Next time I'm at Wally World I'll pick up some.

You can find Semi-Chrome polish at a lot of motorcycle shops and some auto parts stores. It is a paste an comes in a small yellow and maroon tube. It takes ver little and acts like a poish that takes off the rust and leaves it looking like chrome again.

Take a look here:

http://www.goodspeedmotoring.com/?page=subcat&man_id=23

Back