Trailer Lights

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkie spark

Reaction score
Hey, question about my trailer lights. I have a 91 trailstar with rectangular tail lights. When you open the outer cover there is a sealed clear bubble that the lights are in. If a bulb goes out do you replace the sealed bubble, or are they availlable, or do you have to buy the whole kit, housing and all?

Thanks in advance,

Sparkie

Sparkie - You replace the whole sealed bulb/bubble assemply. BPS/Tracker sells them and I believe most marine stores as well (WestMarine, Boaters World...)

No Problem Dude. I happen to have my spare infront of me, I believe its "Wesbar - Replacement Capsule For Low Profile Trailer Lights" Here is a link to boatersworld.com for it, there $9.99 online, you can save shipping if you find it localy.

197350036.jpg

But first... Are you sure a bulb is out? Just checking, I happen to have an extra set because I thought my tracker bult went out about 3 years ago, went to Bass Pro and bought one, got home plugged it in and it still didn't work. Turned out I had a short/cut wire in the trailer wiring. Fixed it and it fixed my problem!
http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/...10051&langId=-1&productId=346213&bct=;c343710

The next time one of my bulbs burn out I'm going to switch both tail lights to LED's and then never worry about it again.

Harpo

I used a dremel tool and opened the bubble, replaced the bulb and siliconed the bubble back together.

Gene

LED's are the way to go. For $50 you can replace both of them and never have to worry about light failures again....well almost. Sometimes the grounds need a little wiggling to reconnect them. I LOVE them because they are brighter than the traditional lights. They are easy to replace as well. Just make sure you get the proper left and right light. One of them has the light for the license plate and the other does not.

Bryan

Back