trailer issues

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Gersh

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this.............2 year old tandem axel trailer for Nitro NX898DC.

215/75/14 Goodyear Marathon Radial Tires. Just noticed the outer portion of the drivers front and passengers rear tires are worn on the outside portion. Definatly abnornal wear, considering the other two tires and the milage put on them. Im thinking this is a trailer axal alignment issure...not a tire issue.....any suggestions besides taking it to the I KNOW NOTHING BASS PRO SHOP thats 1 hr away. THANKS

I don't know if it will help him, but it is a great information site. Thanks for sharing.

If I'm reading it correctly, the two tires wearing improperly are on different axles and on different sides of the trailer. This would lead me to think the axle ends were bent instead of out of alignment. I would think that if the axles were mal-aligned, then the tires on both sides of the trailer on that axle would be wearing improperly.

I'm thinking that the wear of the two tires is not necessarily linked. If you're sure that tire pressures were correct, then I'm stumped. Would one end of the axle being closer to the trailer than the other cause this? Perhaps each axle is not parallel to the ground and the trailer, but canted in opposite directions [with the axles forming some kind of "X" when viewed from the rear].

These are just thoughts for consideration.

My driver side tire wears out on my single axle trailer under my PT185. Have worn out two and the other one has lots of tread left. I suspect it is a slight mis-alignment of the axle-hub assembly.

Ok, this is an easy one. The axles are out of alignment, and possilby bent, you do not need to go to any boat shop for this. Simply take it to a good alignment shop close to where you live, they can align the trailer, and bend the axles if need be. There are very few companies that do a good alignment on any trailer they build. The bad part is, the tires will likely not correct themselfs, it will take the alignment and if worn too bad new tires.

Just to confuse the issuse, this may be normal wear from the tires sliding while making tight turns (in and out of driveway, at the ramp) .... Just a thought.

BF

Back