Tracker's Reputation....

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://walleye.outdoorsfirst.com/b
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Okay... it continues.... I am not posting this to stir the pot... Rather, I am trying to figure out how to bring this "bashing" to an end....

Read the thread here.... http://walleye.outdoorsfirst.com/board/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=7405&posts=15&start=1

Eric is a friend of mine... He is stating his experiences in the face of third hand rumor... Still the rumor mills win out... Tracker might consider a high profile PR blitz about their Cutomer SDervice committment... I just don't know.
http://walleye.outdoorsfirst.com/board/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=7405&posts=15&start=1

I didn't think it was that bad Greg.. A couple of guys were going to trash Tracker no matter whether anything they heard was true or not.

Uncle Billy

Agree....your talking to "one" individual (myself) and a few others that have experienced problems that were dealer oriented and didn't have a whole lot to due with initial quality.

A dealer can make or break your reputation. I still don't understand that Tracker Marine can't seem to get a handle on it.:unsure:

As you find out internet Bashing is the easy part. I read people bashing all brands on other boards.

I know which tracker location i would buy from in Houston.

What I found hard to believe in my situation, was how hard I had to fight for four years to get them to stand behind there warranty. I can

Yeah, I can relate to the service end on my new Nitro, I still can't find a good service dealer here in PA, I did however report this to the tracker people through the 800 number so they are aware they have IDIOT dealers out there:lol:

One word--Sportsman's Outfitter, Lee's Summit, MO--well, that's more than one, but I got a good boat from Nitro which apparently missed the assembly line station where a nitro worker ruins it. I've never had to take my boat across town for service, but when I call for a part, the guy recognizes "Marty from Lansing" and squares me away. When I talk to the owner at the boat show he never tries to sell me a boat. they give me good counsel on any question I ask.

but then again, i am a very charming individual.

The dealer can make a difference. I recommend Waypoint Marine in Austin. I bought my 929 there and got excellent service. They even sent a mechanic out to the lake to fix it when my ignition switch broke. Most dealers would have had me bring it in.

From my boat ownership experience, I believe your dealer is key to your satisfaction. I would buy Nitro again due to my dealer which has been outstanding. Nothing but focused on customer satisfaction and quality work. I would strongly recommend Bob Borget and the guys at Marine USA, Worcester, MA, without hesitation.

Paul

Go over to the "other" site and read about ALL of the other brands with the EXACT same problems and explain to me how Tracker is any different. From what I have read, they are more attentive in some areas than other brands. I certainly see examples of more resolved problems.

TOXIC

Back