Tracker V18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom G.

Reaction score
Happy Holidays to all. Haven't been here for awhile. I have a chance to get a 2000 Tracker V18 at a great price. It's a one owner boat, and I believe it has less than 50 total hrs. on it. The only thing that I can see be an issue is, its a single console. A dual console would swing the wife in favor of it. My question, can a passenger console be added, where could I get the parts to do it, and what would I be looking at, as far as money? Thanks for any input

I know they discintinued the second console a few years back. I am sure someone here knows the exact year. If it was after your year you could get one but you will have to look for one off of a wrecked boat. I do not think you can get the second console any longer from Tracker. If before that no second console.

I have an 05 and wish I could get a second console. Lat option, if you have a lot of cash is to have the guys from Orange County Chopper make you a custom set! Bet they would look cool!;)

Great boat though! I love mine!

Randy

I've got a 2001 with the dual console option. I think the '02 had it, and then it was discontinued in '03. But I could be wrong.

If you can find one, they aren't difficult to add. I took mine out and reinstalled it a couple of times just to get some open deck room. There is also an aluminum/carpeted trim piece that fills in a gap next to the rod locker, so be sure to ask about both the console and that trim piece.

Look very closely at the transom on the 2000 model, especially in the transom area of the splashwell where the transom meets the boat. Also inspect the transom corner caps for cracks and/or popped rivets, if you see evidence of problems, then the transom is moving and I would steer clear of the boat. The transom support system was totally redesigned after the 2000 model year. 99 and 2000 transoms had a tendency to separate from the hull, especially with higher HP motors. I had two 2000 model years boats replaced because of this problem. I run a 150 hp on a 02 model and have had zero problems with the transom.

Smitty...I've heard of a few guys having more support welded in the corners underneath;)

Hello to all again. Thanks to all that replied. Got to really go through the boat with a fine tooth comb. There are no noticable cracks in the transom area welds, caps, etc. The boat is running a 90hp Merc on a jackplate. I can put it in my garage for about $6,000. The only drawback is selling the wife on the single console. Can I contact someone in regards to adding one. I can do the add-on myself thats not the problem. Its getting a console(if possible) without having to morgage the farm to get one. Any advice or input would be a great help

Contact Tracker or a knowledgeable marina that can research it for you. They might be able to find one in a corner or a wrecked model. I know that I needed a certain power pole a few years back and it had been discontinued years earlier than that. I went to VanDam's place in Kalamazoo and they have three in stock! I bought two (one spare). No one else could help me. Good luck in finding another!

I have ofter thought of having OCC (or similar) make one out of aluminum like they do gas tanks. Could have cool skulls painted on it!

Randy!

tomsfishn2...

I have the exact setup you are looking to buy...

2000 TV-18 with a 2001 90hp merc...single console...

I have had NO issues with the transom...

I did have some loosening of the caps on both the transom corners and the bow...i corrected this with additional rivets, but have not ruled out welding in the future...

I think you'll be very happy with the fishability of this boat...

let me know if you have any questions about it....

az

Back