Tracker Rod Storage

• Thread starter Clarence Perry2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarence Perry2

Reaction score
About 2 years ago there was a guy who posted on the site how he converted his tracker rod boxes using golf club tubes and another type of tubes to accomodate his spinning tackle. I cannot find the tubing. It was black and about 2 inches in diameter. Does anyone know what it was and where it can be found?

Perry,

it was golf club tubes found in the sporting goods department of any Wal-mart for about .75 each. this is what I used to make mine with.

Perry when i made my rack i went to home depot and got some tubing they use to install built in vaccum systems for the spinning rods. The tubing is bigger then the golf tubes and can take even the biggest eye on a spinning rod.

In the end i ended up taking out the rack i built, i found it to be too much of a pain and i ended up going back to the rod socks i was using. I feel the socks work much better.

Perry did the same as Jim B made rod racks & took them out in favor of rod socks which work a lot better in my Maga Tracker.

Perry, I also done this project. It came out great with the use of the golf tubes and peg board for support structure. The idea was great, but not user friendly with my rods. I've been using the BPS slip socks and eliminated any problems. Too many spinning rods.

Try it. It is a very cheap project and may work out great if the majority of your rod are casting rods. Can be built for under $10.00

Perry,

Same project, best buy is PVC pipe, white or black, at Home Depot. Cut any length and buy any diameter, mix and match works great and is extremly affordable...

enjoy

Bob

The Oldgringo recommends the rod socks from BPS over golf tubes. I usually keep about a half dozen rods rigged on deck and at least that many more (including fly and spinning) in socks in the lockers. Using the rod socks, I can easily get 12-14 rigs in the lockers

I have the pegboard, golf tubes in my boat and loved them at first, but it can be a pain getting to the bottom 3 rods. It does open the bottom of the rod locker for storage of other stuff without having to put the stuff on top of the rods

Back