tracker/nitro gear

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
FYI, I ordered some nitro stuff right through Nitro boats.com 2 weeks ago, got called today and that site is no longer in service, so I have to re-order through this site. Incase anyone wants the online ordering info for tracker.......

http://www.hicorpinc.com/tmggear/launch.aspx

I could never bring myself to buy products that advertise for any company. If I am going to be a walking billboard for their products they should give me the products for free and perhaps even pay me for wearing the. :)

JDJ - On most advertizing agree, but don't ask my why, maybe its the Great service and product i've gotten in 6 years from Tracker or maybe its the "I wanna be like Ike" view, I like my custome BPS/Tracker jacket my wife made!! I tried at BPS last weekend to find a Nitro patch for her to sew on my winter jacket to match/off set the Tracker, but they were all out!

I understand Trep, this is just the way I feel. In fact as I was coming up folks used to give away their caps, shirts and jackets to customers for advertising then supply and demand set in and they saw that people would pay for it and a whole mw industry cropped up. They gave me four hats when I bought my Nitro and I wear them but I will not pay twenty five cents for a product to advertise for them even though I am satisfied with the boat for the most part.

JDJ - I had to FIGHT to get my 2 free they promised me (they changed managers at the time, but still no excuse) but Service has done an outstanding job while I had my Tracker, and realy like my Nitro. But you are right, I remember my dad, in sales for 40+ years, used to give away EVERYTHING with the company logo on to customers!

Trep - Who'd you have to fight with? I don't remember any lumps or bruises you've inflicted on me for the several I've given you. (LOL!!) :D

Who cares, I aint advertising nothing, i like to where hats ect, the dealer already gave me hats shirts and says he will have other stuff when I pick it up, its kinda like wearin chevy hats ect for me, I'm proud of what I have, I NEVER thought about advertising, must be a nitro thing, cuz I never heard anybody say they aint advertisin for free, and don't buy merchandise, come on people..........

Agree Mike...If I like it, I wear it proud. I don't even think of it as advertising since my boat,trailer,seats, motor, windshield and everything else says "Tracker"...so it doesn't matter;)

Dan - Shouldn't you be out in that Targa slaying the linesides today??? LOL!!!

It was Feb - April 2000, after I took delivery, it was either sales or service mgr in the old store that changed and it eventualy got cleared up, and you know i've had great service since!! except by those State Team Pros in their 929 that promise me lots of fish on lanier and only spoon up 1 or 2 in 2 different trips!!! BWWWWAAAAAA

What's the deal out here in CA. I didn't get squat when I bought my boat! I was visiting a BPS in St. Louis and asked the guy for a hat, he said "Don't worry you'll get one when you pick up your boat in CA". Nope, I got a hearty "Thanks for the check", a quick walkaround, and a boot in the butt. They did give me two pretty nice boat bags for electronics, dock bumpers and such. But no Nitro gear!

NoCAL

Dang I didnt' get no Bags, bumpers or stuff! Seems like each dealership has their "new boat package", i like your better!

When we picked-up our boat at the Tracker Marine center in Nashville, they gave me, my wife, and a friend that was with us a cap. :)

Now, when we picked-up my wife's truck at the Ford dealer here in town I made sure they removed thier dealership decal from the tailgate before we left the lot.

Trepster - I had to head to the marina and check on the repower of the Robalo this morning, going out behind the house later for a bit in "the tub" when it warms. They were supposed to have started on it when I went to FL a few weeks ago bottom fishing for shallow gags, but we know how those things go. (LOL!)

As I recollect, you had the opportunity to catch more (they there waiting on the graph! LOL!)when we went even though you chose brutal, initial, winter-front days. (When you can play "hooky" at will, let's play again when conditions are more accomodating!) I think you were just being polite to your host. If I remember correctly, I caught fish, and even later on went to put you and your bud right on top of 'em....

The serice mgr., Tim Courson, has been there running the shop since late '98. Tim Daily the sales mgr., now GM, has been at/near the helm since about the same time. Now, I wouldn't put it past a salesperson to feed you a line of BS out of sheer laziness. Next time we hook up, remind me to bring you a couple fresh hats that say Nitro, now that you've switched rides.

For me one part of making the boat deal even more exciting was negotiating the free stuff. I got a $250 gift certificate for their catalog along with 2 hats and a leather jacket. Then after the dealer ticked me off I got even more free goodies worth far more then the first round all from the manufacture. If it didn't come free I would have bought a hat. When it comes to freebies, JR. is the king I recall that he got even more goodies.

Cass :D

N'ville BPS gave me the two hats and a discount on the Dowco cover and Tracker gave me two hats when I pick the boat up at the service center.

JDJ

OK The Boat cover and the rod/reel for me in 2000 were the standard "offer" to anyone at the boat show or at that point, I don't call that a freebie. But MAN that cover ROCKED!!

Dan - Yup you but me and one of my employees RIGHT on them and even gave us a pack of the magic worms and we rigged like you, side by side! It was DEPRESSING watching you pick fish after fish out and we go zip!! I think I remember Eric hooking one that we lost at the boat, but we did have a grea time!

Yup when the weather picks up in the spring i'll play hookey a day and we can hit it! I'd love more Nitro hats!! Heck if you find a Nitro Patch to be sewn on around the house, let me know and mail it down the road, i'll pay ya when I see ya, Beka could sew it on one day and surprise me!!

I'll have my tub heated to 104 this evening for a dip, and then bundle my BUTT up for a day on the Dead Sea tomorrow. We're hunting bass and Stripers/Hybrids so were off for a full day!!

Trep - Don't know if I have any patches...I'll sure look. All my stuff was sent embroidered and I got a feeling it might be a little large to hand down to you. (LOL!!) I do look forward to the next time we can play!! I'll have you a bag of "stuff" dedicated to your new sled!

Thanks Dan! I'll make sure we hook up this spring!! Think of me at 9am on tomorrow fishing the dead sea!!

Back