Tracker Livewell Once Again

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass Tracker

Reaction score
SO, I took the mesh net off on the transom and also "in" the livewell and sprayed a garden hose through there for about 3min each. Filled it with garden hose water and let it drain, It seems to have no "junk" caught in it.

I did notice that when i had the "aerator" on manuel I didnt hear it on, so i tapped it with a screwdriver and it started up.

What i cant figure out is, How to "remove" the atwood 550 aeartor pump.. It looks like a metal tab is welded in the middle. and thier is TWO parts?? a white top part, and a black bottom part. I cant seem to figure out how to "remove" the white part at all. It doesnt seem to be a "Twist off".... any ideas anyone??

2001 BassTracker PT175XT..

Thanks all

Also, should I have to use my "aerator maunal/ aerator auto" switch, AT ALL.. just to "fill" the livewell?? or JUST use the "Empty /AUTO" switch on the side?? THanks

You need to remove the entire pump and valve assembly. first remove both the hoses that go to it, then then cable. Loosen pump a little and the entire assembly will lift off the bracket. Once its removed the pump will thread off the valve. replacement is as simple as cutting the new pump pipe to length, assembe and reverse the take apart. I would get a new pump before you take it apart since it sounds like its going bad, I highly reccomend a mayfair unit. They have the removeable cartridge to make any future swaps a whole lot easier. The pump will look like this one most likley...

MAY-38502_med.jpg

To answer your question on the filling yes you do need the pump to fill the well. the empty/auto control just controls the function of the valve. In your case it will empty or fill/areate. You still need the pump to actually move the water. The "Areator manual" selection will run the pump until you turn it off. The "areator auto" will cycle the pump on and off in 1 min intervals.

Jim,

Thank you for your help. One question on that removal process.

You said "Loosen pump a little and the entire assembly will lift off the bracket"

I am not sure "how" to lossen the pump. There looks to be about 4-5 "tabs" that seem to look like a flat head would loosen if pressed down on, But I had no luck..

And to get at the "vavle" part, were the "cable" goes, looks to be next to impossible. There is Zero room for movement.

Great job by the Tracker team on that location..

It has been my experience that from a design and engineering standpoint it is almost as if they hung the livewell pump from the ceiling on a string and then they built the boat around it. (Cute cliche but alsmost true in some cases.) The first time I went after mine (and that is what it was like, a military attack) (Mine is a deep V) I had to begin removing a whiole lot of other stuff. Putting it back together with a Mayfair pump took some planning and thought and re-engineering. So, other than encouragement and sympathy, I haven't got a lot to offer.:(

Can you take a picture of your pump assembly? Im curious to see what your looking at. On my 882 when i had it and my buddies pt185 the pump was threaded onto the valve and it also had a nut on the pipe in between the pump and valve that tightened it to the bracket. That should be what you need to loosen up.

I will try to take a picture tommorow. That seems like what it should be.. DO you remember if the nut was on the "top white part" or under the "metal tab" on the black bottom part?

the valle should look like this.

LivewellcontrolValvea2.jpg

The pump screws into the big hole in the center, tat also is where it drops into the bracket. like i said on mine there was a nut on the pipe where the pump screws into that valve. its a big plastic one and i cant think of any other way to desribe it.

Back