Tracker Grizzly Badly Oxidized

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerSlim

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tracker Grizzly 1448 Mod V jon boat that has sat most of years on our small lake. Due to continual sun exposure, the green tracker paint has severely oxidized. Does anyone have a way to return the paint color without removing the paint? I've included a picture taken since removing boat from water. Will have to clean pond scum off bottom as well.
This boat is in great shape except for oxidation and pond scum, and I need to sell it. Any help restoring the paint without re-painting appreciated.

thanks, Jim

Attachments

• P1080204.JPG
    P1080204.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 126
You can try wet sanding the hull with some 1200 or 2000 grit sandpaper and then rub it out. Try a small section first. Looks pretty bad.

I have a 2011 Tracker Grizzly 1448 Mod V jon boat that has sat most of years on our small lake. Due to continual sun exposure, the green tracker paint has severely oxidized. Does anyone have a way to return the paint color without removing the paint? I've included a picture taken since removing boat from water. Will have to clean pond scum off bottom as well.
This boat is in great shape except for oxidation and pond scum, and I need to sell it. Any help restoring the paint without re-painting appreciated.

thanks, Jim
.you can try a buffer with polishing compound [like for a car] and cut with paint thinner . did this on and old 1975 camper van , made it look like new.

Latest posts

Back