Tracker Finish

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Trackers come with any type of protective film or coating on the unpainted portion of the hull? Can the aluminum be polished? Would this void any warranties? Has anyone ever done this, if yes any suggestions.

Thanks

Put your sunglasses on. TEE's about ready to enter the room. I wish they came from the factory with Sharkshide. Take a look in his library, he cleaned, ploished, and protecetd his a year or two ago. As I said, you better get the sunglases.

Tee,

Do tell I am very interested in hearing about how you polished your boat. My Tracker has turned color on the bottom part. I seem as if like the metal was heated and I tried to rub it off but won't.

Just get a good metal polish or cleaner wax worked for me. You can do it by hand (sore shoulders) or machine. Then buy the sharkhide and apply it. TEE has good pictures.

http://www.sharkhide.com/index.htm

Howdy y'all! Just dropped in:) The metal polish you can get at BPS for $6.99 a bottle works pretty good. Just about any good metal polish will work. A polisher will work but, you better have a ton of replacement pads and it does put circular swirls in the aluminum that WILL show once the Sharkhide is applied. It's a lot more effort but, you'll wind up with better results by hand. You can do about a 2'x2' area that will make it easier...and don't try to do it all in one day....you'll kill yourself. After polishing you'll need to wipe it down with alcohol or similar to get any oils or residue off. Apply Sharkhide and sit back and enjoy! If your more interested in application...Go ahead and order a can of Sharkhide and shoot me an e-mail. I'll go thru the steps with ya'....It'll be the best move you'll make.

One of these days I'm gonna have to put the application procedure in the "grab bag" section...just been so busy lately. Your like #3 in the last two months...hope everybodies Sharkhide projects went well:) I am sending Sharkhide a picture of my rig and seein' if I can work some kind of deal for advertisement ;)

TEE

TEE, How long has your been done? and has it shown any fading yet?

Third season and holdin' strong...It's not peeling,cracking or fading. It does what's advertised and then some. The guy at Sharkhide said it might last up to 7 years on a trailered vessel....sold me:)

Hey TEE, I know I asked you before, but how much should I get for 175? One of these days I'm gonna get around to doing mine.

One quart will do your boat with and have some left over for touch ups there Scoob...I'd wait til the season's over ...It'll give ya' a good winter project when there's nothin' to do. NOW GO FISH!

TEE

No I didn't because mine was not that bad...After the first season I polihed her out with polish and went for it:)

I was gonna' do it on my old 94 but, got the new one instead.....I wouldn't use any acid type cleaner because you'll have to polish it anyway.

Now Git er' done! :) e-mail me if you need help..

Back