Tracker boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DON Fullerton

Reaction score
Iam thinking of buying a pro crappie 17.5 tracker boat with a 40 hp 4 storke 2006 can anyone tell me if this is a good boat would be my frist boat biger then 12 ft flat bottem thanks for your help

I just bought a PT 175 which is basically the same boat as the one you are looking at. I have a 50 merc. and I love it for fishing rivers, bays on average wind, and even the front of the Gulf on again, calm days. Can't venture out too far on open water if the weather is going to get windy but that's true with most boats unless you have a deep v hull or wide bay boat. I have a deep v Cobia that I am selling because I don't use it for what its designed for , open water fishing (18'), 115 Yam. My other boats have been aluminum flats, 14' and 16' with 25 hp tiller steering. Fished the marsh of Louisiana and Mississippi hard with no problems. I think the Tracker will be better since the hull has a nice v to cut rough water. Less "pounding" when it gets a little choppy. Good luck with your choice.....Kenny

Don, I've had a PC 175 for 6 seasons now with a 40hp and its been a great boat for fishing. Gets up to just over 30mph and it gets good gas mileage!! I'm happy!

thanks for your help willbe useing the boat in big rivers small to larage inland lakes and around peir heads in lake mi

Don...

Buy that boat and launch it on Todd Lake....one of my favorites up that way...

az

Don - I just sold my 2000 PC 175 with a 40 2 stroke back in Aug. Was the first owner and LOVED the boat, I fished rivers, lakes as big as KY lake and Lanier in GA, and never had a problem. With the 2 stroke 40 she ran 30-31mph top end light and 28mph loaded with gear and family. The 4 stoke will be a bit slower as its heavier. Its a great mid-20's mph boat, easy to tow, great in chop, and I only sold it as I had a chance to move up to a dual console boat to keep my 6 yearold partner warm in the winter months.

Oh and that PC 175 took TOP honors at the 2004 NTOWS Rally!!

2004%20April%2017%20Rally%20Big%20Fish%20for%20web.jpg

Trep,the boat didn't anything but get you from point A to point B. A future glass owner caught that fish. I think it saw sparkles in your future, Basses love them sparkles.

Gene

Isn't that fish ever going to die... LOL

Hey did you all know that there is another famous photo of Trepper... I'll post it...

Back