Tracker Boat Maintenance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Branch

Reaction score
Ok So i have a question. I have had my 2005 Pro Team 185 (90 HP Yamaha ELPTO Motor)for just over a year now. I have used it about 2 times a month on average for the last year (None the last 3 months). I have done 0 maintenance on it yet. What do I need to be doing on the maintenance end to keep this boat / motor in the great condition it is already in?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Off hand what would concern me would be the gas from lack of use. I would add some fuel stabilizer (such as Stabil) to the tank. Unless you burn a lot when you do use it and add fresh gas.

Maybe hook up the muffs and run the outboard for a few minutes every month to oil up the clyinders. It keeps your rings from sticking.

Keep your batteries charged up. They will drain down over time. I leave my Guest charger plugged in 24/7.

I'm sure others will throw out some more ideas.

Steve

Yea, I was half asleep when I made my post and i was looking at a yamaha 4 wheeler on another web page lol Had yamaha on the brain. It is a Mercury.

Back