TOXIC takes the lead in the Launch Contest

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
While out with Greg and Corey, I managed to launch $20.00 worth of fine cigars (not my fault) and while running back to the dock I decided to show my brother-in-law what a 929 will do when you light the fires and kick the tires and at about 68mph the wind sucks my $200 sunglasses right out of my velcroed pocket. I hope this contest pays well!!

TOXIC

WWOWO you are WAY in the lead now buddy!!!! I almost lost another box of cranks and a rod, but was lucky and they stuck back near the motor. I now double check and make sure that I tie the stuff down.......

Carlos

CIII,

Ran all the way across a lake with the tie downs off and didn't loose a rod, that was a miracle....!! I had every rod on the deck also, all of em!! I did manage to eat a ski rope!! Do you know how long it takes a 225 to wrap a 50 ft. ski rope...........about 5 milliseconds!! LOL

TOXIC

Well Tox... You always were just a big braggart... Your skills far exceed mine and I admit it... Just lost an ol' Snickers wrapper and a half eaten Banana Nut Muffin from the day before!!!!

Tox,

Nice to meet you and your brother-in-law. Hope your trip home was good and uneventful. Did you get back on Winneconne again after we fished it?

--Corey

Never really needed to. Wouldn't have tackled it without charts or a GPS (like yours!!). Thought about pulling to Fremont and putting in there and just doing the river but I didn't have anyone that wanted to "travel". Went to that small lake the second week and found that most people ski not fish. It took me 2 days of prospecting but I finally found the fish and boy howdy was it fun!! Dragged in 2 to 4 lbers faster than you could shake a rod at them. Had a regular fishing seminar with the locals. They all gathered around in their ski boats and watched me fish. Took a few of the local kids out and handed out a lot of free tackle. The nice thing was that the lake was no wake until 10 am and after 5 pm. If that dang wind would have cooperated it would have been stellar. Trip home was ok the Explorer didn't like the mountains in Kentucky but other than that it did fine. Tally for the second week had to be 40 lg mouth and 20-25 smaller pike. Largest fish was a largemouth that went 5 and a half. Caught it in 30 ft of water carolina rigging a senko in the middle of the afternoon.

It was great meeting you guys and Mike (you would never guess he is an exec at PEPSI would you!!??)had a blast with that pike and all of the smallies. I'm gonna frame the picture of him and the pike and send him the lure. LOL! I hope we can get together again soon. Make a run down south to VA and Carlos and I will show you our river (the Potomac) and lake Anna. I've got plenty of room. Make it a weekend run!! I'll be back same time next year so get ready!! This was just a practice run!! Maybe you can come to the chain? It is VERY busy there though. I was looking at the next little rally and if I don't go to Champlain I might be able to make it. LaMoy owes me a 6lb smallie. I've taken a 5.2 outta there already. If my son backs out of Champlain I should be free (I never know what the guide schedule will be though). BTW....everybody expected me to come back with the wells full of eyes for a fry!!

TOXIC

welcome home, now about that va rally thing! carlos, yourself and i and others need to get together! KB

I have launched 2 rod/reel combos this year while zipping accross lakes. One was an ultra light that Mac did a cool crappie on, the other was a Shimano Stradic/BPS extreme combo(the one my wife uses...she doesn't know yet). Rod straps are great...if you remember to use them.

Gene

Gene-

2 combos???

maybe you should invest in a Tin boat for a smoother ride???

LOL

I had a fish pull an ultralight out of my boat one time...snagged it with another rod and got it back...

My son lauched another combo while zipping a rattle trap---that one still remains in Davey Jones' locker...

az

az

Rough ride aint the problem, Bud! It's called too much speed.LOL Things just blow out of the boat. Things like: gloves, a whole 50ct pkg of tubes, bluejeans, hats, most of the important papers in my wallet, etc. I still wouldn't go back to the "dark" side.

Gene

Hey Tox just what brand stogies where they?? Curious minds wanna know..

Donnie

Donnie,

Just some Hoyo de Monterey's but they were all I had. My B-I-L put them on the back deck when he got in and I didn't see it. I don't know what the Tracker Engineers did but the 929 creats a reverse vortex at speed and will literally suck anything not tied down out of the boat. I have had clients entire soft sided tackle boxes get pulled right out.

KB, I'm ready, I gotta get to know my lake again. If Bill can accomodate us on the hot side ok, but if not we need to just put together a cold (relative term now) side trip.

TOXIC

Tox - Welcome back! Board hasn't been the same since you were gone. Was out this past weekend doing the pleasure boating thing with friends and checked the temps on the hot side. Dike One was at 100.7 degrees and in the mid-ninties at Dike Two. We may have to postpone the mini-rally til the fall when it starts to cool down a little. Plan to get on the cold side this Saturday as I got a kitchen pass from the wife and my honey-do list is on hold. If your going to be on the lake let me know and see if we can hook up some time during the day.

Did you get your client's softside back?

Bill

Bill, I figure I have to get out soon to get back on fish again before I get clients!! That is the 1 most important thing at Anna....following the fish and they move a lot!! You also have every type of fishing, river, deep humps, deep structure, shallow cover, etc. I will probably be out next Saturday if the pleasure boaters leave me alone!!

Yeah, I got their tackle back. They didn't even see it go out!! LOL

TOXIC

Glad to hear you got it back. Bummer of a day if you didn't. They probably would have charged you for the loss and there goes all your profit (LOL).

If you are on the lake give me a call on the cell (703-727-0636) and maybe we can hook up. Lot's of rain early this week so I'll probably stay down on the lower end below the bridge and stay away from the muddy/stained water. Just cleaned up the Nitro so want to try and keep it that way for a while (ha ha)! Will probably be out early (0530) just to try those early topwaters before the mist comes off the lake.

See ya!

Cool Tox...glad it wasn't any Arteuro' Feuntes or Chobias. Those are a couple of my personal favorites. Next time pack those babys up tight! lol

Donnie

Came close to being a contender in the launch contest last week when I pull my Overalls sunglasses off and my no-line bifocals go with them. They landed on the edge of the bow....thought I was going to need the crash cart.

Other than a few caps, towels and worm packs haven't lost anything serious that hasn't been recovered.

Unfortunatly the Old Super Soaker doesn't go fast enough to launch a r&r combo.

Harpo

Had a client leave his glasses on the back deck and when we got back to the dock, they were teetering on the splashwell. Very Lucky. Bad thing was, my sunglasses did a couple of flip flops right in front of my face before smacking me between the eyes and bolting for freedom.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back