Toxic, question for you

• Thread starter Gilbert Scales2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
Tox, do you have a color chart for the keelshield that old men can see???? The one on the website is small. Also which one do I need for a 640 Nitro? Go ahead and laugh:D, believe it or not I was young once.

Bubby

What color are you looking for.......or what color is your hull? Or are you trying to contrast or match the top cap? A 7 footer will do you just fine.

TOXIC

Tox, the bottom is gray. Like to keep it close. to that color. I guess med. gray.

Bubby

Bubby, take a look at the pict below, is your hull the same color as mine? When i got mine i got the light gray i thought it would be a close match to my hull but as you can see it almost looks white on the gray of my hull. The dark gray is more of a charcoal gray. If i had it to do over again i think i would have got black.

When i bought mine i happened to be on vacation and i bought it in a bass pro store. My boat was 400 miles away so i couldnt really match it against the boat. Since the store is 400 miles away i couldnt really return it easily. It dosent look bad the color it is but like you i would have liked it to match. I hope this helps give you at least an idea of what the light gray looks like on a nitro hull.

9-3-05%20145.jpg

Jim, best I can make out, that is my color. It does look white. Why would you go with black? Thank you, for the reply.

Bubby

It seems like the Nitro gray falls smack in the middle of the two gray colors they offer.I would go with black on my boat mainly because it would match the black pins on the hull. You cant really see the pins all that great in that photo but i have silver and black pins. Plus black would look pretty good with the red.

I dont regret putting this one on one bit, it dosent look bad the color it is. I just would have perfered it to match. Overall its a pretty awesome product. Most of the lakes i go to dont have docks so i end up beaching a lot and have really put it to the test. It has held up great, it hardly has a scratch on it.

Jim is right., I just pulled my color samples and there really isn't a "light" grey. Charcoal and off white are more accurate for the colors. I went with a black on a "sandstone" hull. Go to the keelshield site and look at the pics, my boat is the NITRO with the VA blurred out. You can contrast with your top cap colot or black. My boat has a lot of black so I went with that.

TOXIC

I put a black Keelshield on my Charcoal Avalanche and it looks great. Looks like it is part of the boat and blends perfectly with the black trim, trolling motor, etc...

Mac went with a blue shield to match his topcap not his hull, just another type of contrast. Gotta tell you I put one on a NITRO 750 with a red on red top cap and a snow white hull, shield color was lipstick red and it looked SHARP!!

TOXIC

Back