Toxic -Mares Marine

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to be sponsored by Mare on the NITRO State team then NITRO PO'd the owner Brian Lancaster and he dropped the line. He has been trying to get me in a Ranger ever since. My NITRO connection was BPS in Hampton but now the Marine Manager quit and went back to California. I've got a paid off boat so I'll sort it all out when I get time!!LOL......ps, I have heard some not so good things about Mare lately. I was disappointed with that.

TOXIC

Unless they have gotten better in the last three years I don't have anything nice to say about them.

BF

Ive bought 3 boats from them and have had no complaints.

That kind of surprises me since both the salesmen I talked to seemed like fairly straight shooters . Hopefully they honor the prices that both my buddies got at the show . I don

It just goes to show that a dealer can be all over the page. I had nothing but steller dealings with them but a VERY good friend of mine has had some questionable dealings.......almost ridiculous. It is hard for me to believe they have said what they did.

TOXIC

I bought my 896 back in 2002 from Mare in Aquia and was very pleased with the service (rigging) I received. They even delivered the boat to the lake house and went through everything with me. Couldn't complain at all. Have not been back since (no problems with the boat) but I understood that Lancaster was not happy with Tracker (and besides was a MAJOR Ranger man) and just let the dealership go. Since I don't take extended warranties I have not needed any service on the boat. (so far very lucky). I do all my own maintenance and except for a busted skeg (studpidity on my part) the boat has been super.

Good luck to your buddies on their purchase.

Bill

Back