TOXIC - How did you do??????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
Tox - Other than hittling all that black ice five miles from the Lake, how did you do fishing? You got on the Lake at 0730 and we saw you driving home around 6 pm so either you hit them big time or you were still trying to find fish. Which was it? Give us a report!

Just a note about the black ice. According to the Rescue Squad there were 25 accidents in a 10 mile stretch yesterday morning. Glad Toxic made it to the house yesterday.

I made it but I almost jack knifed the boat no less than 3 times!! There's not a lot you can do on sheets of pure ice. Don't touch the brakes and try to keep her in a straight line.

I caught between 10-15 but probably missed a dozen or more. The bite was really different. They were just, for lack of a better term, swiping at the baits. Were not wanting my senkos much but munched my dropshot. Bait was not in the normal places and I wasted too much time fishing non-productive water (our usual holes). They were stacked like corwood at Elk Creek bridge so I left to try some other places and they vamoosed by the time I got back. I'm going after crappie for some of the day the next time we get out. I saw a guy cleaning up on them at the bridge...from the bank.

Needless to say the drive home was much better. Weather cleared and it was a nice day. A little windy but what's new.....

Thanks Mr. Bill!!

TOXIC

Im glad you did not have a mishap:)

Was the guy catching Crappie using minnows???

Mark

One of our board members sent me some (Mike from NH), he pours his own and is a crappie tournament guy. Blakemores work if they want something a little bigger but if they are picky you have to really downsize and Mike makes some great alternatives.

TOXIC

Back