Towing with seats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky Lohman2

Reaction score
Hey does anyone tow their boat with the seats mounted in their deck mounts I'm not talking about having them on their poles but just snapped together and sitting in the deck mounts? I have a 2003 PT185. I used to have a Proteam 17' and towed like that sometimes? Can I do it with this boat? Wouldn't want to loose a seat going down the highway. Thanks for the info.

I always leave mine in without the extensions on my 185. So far never lost one. I probably will now because I replied to the question. Carl

Yes, I had the rear seat bounce out of the boat on my TV-18 while going down a rough highway. Luckily it did not cause any accidents. I recovered it and it was still usable but beat up pretty bad.

I tow with both the big seat, without the pole, and the front bicycle seat, on the pole without mishap.

Harpo

I take out the rear seat and stow it. I tow with the butt seat in place on the front. Just easier for me to remove the seat and leave the pole in place.

Tex

I tow with both seats in the low position, and add the poles once I arrive at the ramp. My seats "lock" into the deck receiver fairly tight.

Back