Towing with 88' S-10 4X4 ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron cooley

Reaction score
The question should acually be Stopping with an 88' S-10 4X4. A customer at my shop blew up his 80,000mi 2.8L TBI 4X4 S-10 Tahoe extra cab and decided to junk or donate it. This truck is in great shape with 1 owner and no physical damage. I called him and offered him $500.00 and bought the truck. The truck has 4,000mi on new Michelins, factory tow package with 4.11 posi, 700R4 trans, heavy duty springs, etc.

I am almost finnished installing a fresh .020 over 3.4L 94' Camaro block with --

9.75-1 compression

278/288 duration cam with .425/.445 lift, ARI springe, retainers, keepers, and guide plates, molly pushrods

4.3L TBI with hogged out and match ported intake

2.8L big valve HO heads match ported

I'm one of those guys that can't put things back together stock so towing won't be a problem.

How was stopping on these old S-10's? The boat is only a 640LX with Optimax about 2300lb.

Thanks, Byron

How heavy is the rig your towing? My 91' did O.K. with an 18 foot aluminum rig but, I didn't drive very fast anyway.

You could put some slotted rotors and better pads on it to help out.

:D

Got it fired up and dialed last weekend, very snappy little motor for 3.4L. Haven't realy driven it yet as tags are expired. Going over to AAA tomorrow to get current tags so I can break it in.

Back