towing vehicle

Nitro & Tracker Boat Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro & Tracker Boat Owners Forum:

olefisherman456

Reaction score
i lease my truck but i will probably downsize when the current lease expires. need to get something that the the wife will drive . still want an suv that will pull my boat.any ideas?

NEBRVET

Reaction score
Reaction score
Don't forget batteries, outboard, and other on board items when calculating weight for towing. According to NADA, 950 lbs is correct for the boat. Outboard is 410. Lbs.

Capt. Scully

Reaction score
I'll tell you what. I was concerned about towing our (new to us) 2004 Nitro 188 Sport Fish & Ski with our 2013 Chevy equinox, especially being only front wheel drive and a 4 cyclinder. Boat ,Trailer, and motor Dry Weight comes in a little over 1800lbs. On the road tows like a champ. I was worried about pulling boat and trailer out of the lake at the inclined launch ramp. Worked fine , but the ramp was dry as no one had used the launch for about an hour.

Attachments

Allen Dronsfield

Reaction score
My Z20 loaded easily pulls behind my Buick Enclave, the towing package is 5000lb, with over 300hp you rarely know the boat is back there. My Enclave is a 2018
Also front wheel drive so getting those rear tires wet just doesn't happen.

JohnB

Reaction score
I pull my boat with a 2021 Nissan Titan. You can't even tell the boat is back there. Aside from the diesel Ram I traded in, this is the best-pulling vehicle I've ever owned. My only complaint (which is very minor) is that you have to remember to turn off the back up sensor when backing down the ramp. Otherwise the truck thinks you're about to back into something and the brakes are automatically applied.

Bill_Mc

Reaction score
I pull my 1999 Tracker 175 (60 hp) with a 2013 Durango R/T, 5.7 l v8. It felt 'heavy' until I got the trailer wheels aligned -- camber and toe-in were way off. I think the boat/motor/trailer combine for about 2000 lbs, Durango rated for ~7,000.

I was more concerned about braking than pulling, so I made sure it had the factory tow package.

Latest posts