Towing - 04 Nissan Titan Full-Size Pickup

• Thread starter Rick Hale [URL]http://www.car-data.com/xpage.previ
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Hale

Reaction score
Looks like the Titan may be worth looking at for towing.

9500# max tow with a 300+ hp V8 and 5 spd. auto.

Don't say $$$$--- will be out in Dec. 03..

This article says "Titan will be assembled in the Canton, Miss. facility, along with the new Nissan Quest, Nissan full-size SUV and full-size Infiniti SUV".

Take a "look-see" at this link.

HaleDamage
http://www.car-data.com/xpage.preview/pre.template.asp?mfg=nissan&model=titan

Yep, I've been waiting for about 6 months to see one of these. I am real curious how they'll be priced.

I have been waiting to see an Armada on the lot. I may even take it for a spin.

It looks like a nice truck but i wont never buy a nissan, not because its a foriegn nameplate. i wouldnt because of what they tried to do to a poor soul from north carolina because he had the domain name nissan.com registered for his computer business and nisan the car company wants it. Read the stuff on the link i put down there and read this guys story. Its basically a bully company vs a guy who has a right to earn a living. I refuse to do business with companies like this so i wont ever own one of thier products.
http://www.ncchelp.org/

Jim B, the fact of the matter is that the guy tried to market his business by relying on the car company to get hits. Okay, so his last name is Nissan. I think the car company has every right to want the name. I'm also pretty sure they would have tried to purchase it. There are a LOT of domain squatters out there, and I bet this guy is no different.

Mike, did youy read the whole story? This guy isnt domain squatting. The car company has no right to the name at all. He registered it first for a legimate business, its his plain and simple. If he dosent want to sell it or give it away thats his right. Nissan Motors wants it and it trying to drag him thru the legal system to the point where they put him out of business and thats a pretty underhanded tactic in my book. By your argument tracker marine should have the rights to tracker.com but they dont, someone else got it first. Wanting the name is one thing, its all about how they are going about it.

XMYTRUCK,

to answer your question. Yes i do have a MS operating system but not by choice. Since it was provided by my employer i really dont have a say. If it were my own money i would most likely be running something different.

If I quit doing business with every major corporation that ever screwed some little guy, I'd be living in a cave, wearing animal skins and riding a donkey down to the river to throw rocks at carp. For every sucessful corporation there are thousands of bloody victims left in the wake.

There is a good road test of the new Nissian PU in the latest Car & Driver magazine. It shows the as tested price at $30,500.

Harpo

I stopped by the Nissan dealer on Sunday (no sales people) to look at the Armada they had sitting on the lot. I can't decide if I like the looks of it or not. The inside looked pretty sharp and I liked it from the front and the back view but I couldn't tell if I liked it from the side view. It's like half round and then the back is kind of boxey looking. It was rated to tow up to 9100lbs. The gas mileage was 13 and 18. The sticker price was over 42,000 and it only had a few extras on it. Too much for my pocket book.

I also took a look at some of the 2003 Pathfinders. They are almost identical to my QX4. The leather in my Infiniti seemed a little better quality. Mine has a little wood on the steering wheel and some side modeling but other than that it's the same. Why would Nissan do that? They had the Pathfinders marked down from 35000 to 30000 new. Makes me feel like I didn't do so well bargaining on my QX4 used with 16000 for 29000. Mine is warrantied bumper to bumper for 75000 so I guess that counts for something.

While I am far from an expert, Domain names have been hijacked by any number of people over the years. This has made 'Corporate Big Boys' very wary of anyone sitting on domain names.

While the owner of nissan.com may be right, he also may be out of business. Kinda like the story of the person that walks across a busy street, because it is his right. Yeah, but that 18 wheeler coming down the street at 45 mph, can't stop either.

When a major company, especially an international one, comes a calling for your 'domain name', be smart about it and make a reasonable deal. For the most part, the reasonable deal is about $1,000.00. Also, he could have easily switched to nissan_consulting, nissan_computing, or other derivities easily enough. Now, if you go look, his website is now 'down', from commercial use. It's just one page. Nissan motor's can't use it, and neither can he - per the courts.

Tex

Back