Tow rig mods

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

william Clark

Reaction score
I just ordered a truck cap/topper for my GMC Sierra and I am thinking about how to organize gear and for short term sleeping quarters.

At first I was going to buy one of those truck vault deals from truckvault.com like they put in that truck on the bass tech tv show. For $1600. I don't think so. Heck that is more than the cap. Has anyone on here hand made anything similiar to that? My plan is to have a flat surface up above for short term camping/sleeping traveling to lakes for tournys and having the space below for gear.

I thought about going with the suv caddy that bass pro sells but it don't seem big enough.

Thanks for any help, Clark

we used to make them out of angle and wood with drawers underneath, then you could sleep on it if necessary. we used to inflate a mattress right on top of mine.

mike

Thanks SevenPin, that is what I had in mind.

I had an idea in my mind like that, seeing someone elses plan sure makes it easier.

I was thinking I could use some sort of steel tracks with rollers or something, his plan seems much easier.

Thanks for the help

Clark...

My dad used to make things like that all the time when he was in construction... he just let the boxes slide on the angle iron IIRC....

Leer 100xq.

I believe making it myself with save a lot. Being tight with money I am always fabricating something. Last week I was welding a cooler/gas can holder for the atv. The week before a drop down basket for the atv. Seems like you can't by anything like that reasonable anymore. The atv projects saved me 200 after materials.

Thanks to all. Clark

clark,

we used rollers or wheels to let them slide out. we basiclly made a super duty drawer similar in design to a kitchen drawer. worked awesome. if needed just drop a hasp lock over with deadbolt to protect.

mike