Tournament v-18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott lewis

Reaction score
I am interested in a V-18

I need any info you have

I would like the 150hp but heard the motor is to heavy for the boat.

Thisnking about the 115.

any likes and dislikes would be appreciated.

thanks

[email protected]

The 150 is fine for that boat, as long as it was built after '02.

I thought the 115 would cruise at 45mph (according to tracker website) My v-17 (1989) with a 60hp does 35gps with me and gear. i WAS HOPING FOR BETTER WITH THE 115

what is the speed on a v18 with the 150

thanks

I have the 115 Optimax with a 6" jack plate and can cruise with a full load at 50. I believe the hulls on the newer models have been reworked for better performance, but don't quote me on that.

Some tweaking to my prop would yeild a little better performance as well.

Sorry...I was trying to go from memory. You may be able to top 40, but don't believe that the speeds listed by Tracker are actual. The speedometers are generally off by 3 to 5 mph from a GPS reading.

It will also depend on the type and pitch of prop you are running, and the motor mounting height.

With my 150, two guys (200 lbs each), full tank, full gear, I can run between 50 and 52 mph (GPS'd). But I'm only spinning a 23" 3-blade aluminum prop at 5400 rpms. I've been told that if I raise the motor one hole, or move to a 21" Tempest Plus stainless steel wheel, I can raise the RPMs up to 5800 and gain several MPH. I've had the boat topped at 57 (GPS), but that was just me, a quarter tank of gas, virtually no gear save for some emergency tools.

BTW - The fuel economy on the 150XR6 is about 3 miles per gallon. The 115 or 135 Optimax would boost that, but by how much I don't know.

Tee - I'm running a 20P LaserII. I'm told I can rework it to a 21 and balanced. From what Jim B has done to his and the results, I'm seriously considering it.

I've got a 'pre-transom upgrade' (2001 model) TV-18 with a 90hp.

Love the boat except for limited dry storage.

The 90 will push her all day at 38-40mph.

az

What diameter and how many RPM's is that 115 rated for? You may need a 22..maybe a Lazer or Quicksilver?

Got the boat you are looking for. My 2004 is for sale. It is posted in the Swap and sell section.

Tee, I don't know what diameter, it was on the motor when I picked it up. I'm running 5700 RPM's with a max of 5750, but I still have a 1/4 - 1/2 inch I can raise the motor and could probably go to a 21P prop. A 22 would drop the rpm's down 400...

Your runnin' in the right range...maybe try a little larger diameter. My stock 12 3/4"x 21 pitch I replaced with a 13"x 21 SS Quicksilver and gained 3 MPH.

Back