tournament v-15

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR Ale

Reaction score
I fish Tidal & Nontidal waters in southern MD

I curantly have a Pro 16 & a 21' Cuddy cabin W/IO. I am thinking of purchasing a Tournament V-18 W/115 or 150 opti. To take the place of both boats

Any one with V-18 experiance on Cheasapeak Bay or simaler waters, The bay probaly 50% of the time has 1-2' seas.

JR

JR not sure about the Chesapeak Bay but have had mine on the great lakes and many other lakes with 1 - 2 foot waves. It is lighter than a fiberglass boat so it does move more and will roll more when someone stands on one side. Running it handles the waves well. Actually better than I thought it would. You definitely want to upgrade the troller to as big as you can get to help hold you. I went to an 80 Minnkota and it is great. I also have the 115 Opti. Since I have bought mine 5 other guys have liked it so much they also ditched their fiberglass rigs and went with one. One guy went with the 150 and it does fly. To better answer your question, over 2 footers you will want a fiberglass due to the added weight to help hold it and a little less rolling.

If I remember right, Neeley used to have one and fished St Clair quite often with it!

Randy!

Had my TV-18 on Lake Michigan once where the swells were so big you lost sight of everything but water when you were at the bottom of one....I did say ONCE...LOL Seriously, the TV-18 handles a 2 foot chop nicely...

az

Back