Tire pressure

• Thread starter Jimmy Easterling
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
I replace the original tires and wheels on the 08 Z6, single axle. The old tires were ply of some sort and these are radials. The sticker on the trailer says 50 psi but that sounds like a lot, I have 40 psi in them now and they look low. What do you guys run in your tires?

If the sidewall says 50psi...put 50 psi in them any less and they will run hot which will accelerate wear. Also air them up "cold".

TOXIC

Don't run at 40lbs. I've blown 2 Marathons one on my Nitro and one on my Triton and both were down around 40 lbs. I thought, I can make it this trip and put air in on the way home. Nope. I've since bought a cheap air compressor and check tire pressure before every trip. Usually one tire needs air and I gas it up to 50 PSI. Running low pressure makes the tires run hot and puts pressure on the sidewall. A winning combination for sidewall blow-out or catastrophic deflation. I just invented that term but that is what it looks like when they blow. Not pretty.

NoCAL

Back