Tips-up for the Troops

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim C

Reaction score

Dear Friends of Veterans, January 11th, 2008

The Brain Injury Association of Michigan is proud to announce the 2nd Annual

Jim, I don't have any idea of how I could help you with this endeaver but still wanted to thank you for posting the announcement here and to also say thanks to everyone who can, and will, help out!:cool:

Uncle Billy

Thanks for caring about our Veterans... Does the Bater/Pro provide the Vet with Gear? Would fishing gear be an apporpriate donation?

My father in law is still an active chopper pilot going back to vietnam and forwarded the e-mail to round up some boaters if possible. I'm going to find out more when I call tomorrow and will post more details.

It is great to see more of these events going on around the country. We have one here where we take the wounded from Walter Reed and the Bethesda Medical Center out for a day on the water/tournament and a BBQ afterwards. I swear I get more out of it than the soldiers!!

TOXIC

Does anybody know of this type of tourney going on in the Missouri?I have a son serving in the Marine Corps now and want to do all I can.

I found out a little more info. The boaters will be supplying the gear, unless the vet wants to bring his/her own. He said new or gently used gear would be great to donate for prizes given out afterwards. If any manufacturers could donate a package to give each vet at registration, they would be listed as a sponsor. Of course, any and all donations would be appreciated for prizes.

The tournament's are put on by the Brain Injury Association of America with State Chapters. Check with your states chapter to see if there is a vet tournament in your state, or to help organize one!
http://www.biausa.org/

Jim,

Get ahold of Bass Pro Shops. Get Mac or mini to give you a contact in MI. They donate to this type of thing all the time. Call the Promotions Manager at your closest store. Also get some sponsored guys involved. My sponsors give generously to the event that I participate in. SPRO one year donated enough line and rods so that ALL the soldiers got one. Yamamoto gives freely also!! You can also call the companies direct.

TOXIC

Bass Pro Shops Promotions Manager in Auburn Hills is Doug Phillips. You can reach him at 240-209-4200.

There is some paperwork involved and it is best to get it in as soon as possible. The paperwork will then be forwarded to corporate for approval.

Keep us posted.

Mini