Thoughts on this mooring cover???

• Thread starter Teri C. [URL]http://www.boat-cover.net/mall/index.
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I am looking for a cover to use on my Triton SF19 when I leave it in the slip. I have an awesome custom cover to use when out of the water or trailering. I don't want to leave that cover on the boat when it's in the slip. I need something I can secure without straps. Trust me, it's going to kill me to leave this boat in the water.

What do you think of these?

http://www.boat-cover.net/mall/index.cgi?store_id=100&prod_id=25707&cart_id=589143265

Teri,

Let me share something with you. I bought a cover for my Stratos. It was designed expressly for the model boat I have, by the manufacturer. Very similar to the one you are looking at.

It works fine. However, it is VERY taught. What that means is that the only way to properly secure it to my boat, is for me to stand behind the boat and pull it down over the back corner of the boat, on both sides. If my boat was in the water, I do not believe that I could easily put the cover on, with me on the dock/slip. Especially if there was some space between me and the boat.

It's just something to consider. Will your boat be 'under cover', or out in the open?

Tex

I saw some covers in the Cabela's catalog, but not sure if they have them for Triton's. Gonna have to get me the custom-fit trailerable model for my boat one day. Good luck in your search.

The slip is covered but from the looks of it at times, I would say the boats are a great target for birds.

Teri,

Just look for a cover that will be easy for you to put on without falling overboard or injuring that shoulder beyond repair. Listen to what Tex said! It's just covering the boat which is already covered. Get something easy for you to do. Easy for me to say right?:)

Bill

Back