This Morning on Anna

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
Well, the boys showed up bright and early. Winds about 9 mph and 23 degrees. Fished out of the back of Toxic's boat so I didn't have to launch. Carlos, KB, Jim C, Toxic and a few others ventured out. Went to Toxic's favorite duck blind and starting killin' em. Boated about 12 with a few over 3 pounds. Dike 1 was very productive.

Had to leave for family obligations but everyone else still out fishin'

Should be good for our trip on the 3rd.

Have a great Friday!

Bill in VA

Bill, Thanks again for having us over to play in the Winter Wonderland

Looking forward to next weekend!!! KB

Hey Jim where's the pics?? LOL!! If he was as tired as I was last night then he passed out!!

Thanks Bill for another great time, See ya on the 3rd.

TOXIC

Tox - you're right! I was so wiped after getting home, I passed out after dinner. Wife was good enough to download the pictures from the camera to the computer and here they are!!!

Photo 1: Tox in the process of launching.

lakeannaturkeyday002.jpg

Photo 2: Launch successful!

lakeannaturkeyday003.jpg

Photo 3: Kenny, Carlos and Company waiting for Tox to pull to the truck out.

lakeannaturkeyday004.jpg

Photo 4: Getting under way . . .

lakeannaturkeyday001.jpg

Photo 5: Kenny getting a decent LM

lakeannaturkeyday006.jpg

Photo 6: Tox doing his usual (Kenny and I just pulled along side when he got this fish to cooperate - as Tox put it "couldn't have timed it better iffin' I had planned it!")

lakeannaturkeyday007.jpg

And in case anyone had any doubt - these guys can FISH! While all of them got well over half a dozen or more fish, I only managed three of four of the smaller ones. Lots to learn from these guys and thankfully, they're willing to teach! Don't worry Kenny, I plan on practicing that pitchin'/flippin' thing in my backyard like you showed me!!

Thanks to Bill for the hospitality, Kenny for the great boat ride and pointers, and Tox, Carlos, Mike and Scott for the great company! And Scott, rest assured, I will be trying that hair jig next Saturday. See you guys in a week!!

JC

Can you tell it was a bit nipply?!!:lol::lol: You would have thought it was -20 instead of +25!! The wind was a bit of a problem but layed down nice in the afternoon and the sun came out. Jim, next time come with me, KB has a hard time with the Kings english let alone teaching!!:p:p He is good at back boating though!:lol: We'll do a senko and dropshot class. All told, I probably had 20-25 fish, biggest 3.5. Next Saturday is supposed to be back in the 50's according to Mr. Hamilton........but maybe some rain, so everybody be prepared. I went to plug in my charger last night and my rear deck lid is frozen shut!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TOXIC

It sure was fun that is for sure!!!!! Thanks Bill!!!

By the look of the pictures, you would think it was cold or something.......

KB looks like a polar bear in the first picture HAHAHAHAHAH

And I'm the biggest cold weather sissy in the history of mankind... AND you show those pictures just a week before I'm going to be there freezing?!?! I couldn't even recognize the people in those pics... I thought It was some sort of invasion by Nitro/Monkey boat people.:)

Is this what us good Christian, Maryland boys have to put up with?

Oh the horror, the horror..

We will send summer pictures so you can recognize them! Going back out this morning. Carlos is coming to fish in my boat and maybe Toxic and KB will be here also. Can't pass up an opportunity to prefish. Weather is supposed to be Sunny with a high of 58 but rain coming in later this afternoon. Gotta be better than Friday with the cold and the wind.

Bill in VA

You guys whack em'!!, I've got to go cut the Christmas tree while my MIL is visiting. Besides, I better give you guys a chance to clean out my spots before Saturday. When you get home, let us know who is bringing what.

TOXIC

what were you guys useing, and what depth were they at? we went out saturday to look for new water to fish but only came away with 1/2 a dozen or so.

mike c

Combo of stuff. I was using senko's up on the rip rap and I mean right on the rip rap and I was dropshotting in current swirls where canal 1 dumps into the main lake. I did hear of a crank and spinnerbait bite also.

TOXIC

Kenny was doing great with senko's fished at the riprap. My only three came on senko's. Was out earlier today on the Potomac. Almost no wind and partly cloudy. Water temps were 43F. Got one hit on a sweet beaver, but never saw him. Kind of a hit and run! :) And it was crowded!! I counted at least half a dozen boats inside the Spoils and three more just outside. There were also about a half dozen in and around Blue Plains. Nice day even without the fish!

JC

Back