Thinking about selling the Triton

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Just thinking but.....I might sell my Triton F&S to get a less expensive bass/fishing boat and a pontoon to keep on the lake I live on in TN. If you have been on the board a bit, you might remember me not being able to fit the Triton in my garage because I have two 8 foot doors (not 9). I use the fish and ski when I travel to Indiana but I might sell my place there because it's lost a bit of appeal since I have a huge lake in my backyard now.

I know a Bass Tracker tin will fit in my garage but are there any fiberglass bass boats that have a package width under 96 inches? So far, I haven't found much of anything that will fit in the 8 foot door. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

98138.jpg

:)

Teri

Does your property have room for a metal garage? Might be cheaper to build one than to do all that with your boat.

fatrap

LOL @ Rich. I think you are on to something.

I have no room for a barn. Only have about 1/3 acres that I own even though I have to mow over an acre of common area.

I looked online last night and it looks like the Ranger 176VS might work but I would only have an inch on each side.

Guess I will just have to think on it.

Teri

I know you posted a photo of your house before. Did you check with a garage door installer or contractor to see if you had any alternatives that weren't hugely expensive? Sometimes the door frame can be reconfigured giving a few more inches on each side. OR...You could always refinance and roll a garage door remodle into the new financing. Making one big door instead of two small ones. Just a thought.

fatrap

Teri - The 640/700lx Nitro series is just 8ft in package width, that may be too close a call, have you measured and is it 8ft even or is there a few inches to spare if you got an 8ft wide package/boat/trailer?

Back