Thinking About Retirement and How To Spend My Time

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Ferendo

Reaction score
I'm starting to think about retirement and I would like some input about how to spend my leisure time. I plan to hunt a good bit and fish a good bit more but after 42 years of getting up and going to work every day I think I will need to do something more than hunting and fishing. I just don't want to go stir crazy as I ease into this era of my life.

My partner retired in January and I am semi-retired, we are 44 & 43 years old respectively. We have spent a lot of time discussing our new adventure and planning on including in our adventures doing volunteer work. We currently play golf, work on our photography mostly hobby side and working on further developing the professional side, oh and I fish and my partner drives the boat. We travel to at least one new place every week. Volunteering my time is something I have been doing for years and it keeps me very busy. Sometimes it takes up more time then I have to give but I enjoy it.

Hope this helps and congratulations on your up coming retirement.

Cass :D

Steve, the retired people I know who are happiest seem to be the ones who are busiest. I think people generally do better mentally when they feel productive and engaged.

I would suggest splitting your time between your pasttimes and either volunteering someplace where your time helps people in need, or perhaps doing something like a hobby business where you can service customers inexpensively.

Spend some of your time making yourself happy, and some of your time making others happy, and it should be a good retirement.

if you like golf go volunteer to be a starter and play golf for free.

or get a job at a marina for free launch. both will cut you loose in the winter to hunt.

mike c

I don't know to help you Steve but I'm volunteering my body to the Young Blond Women Swedish Massage School nearest to me.

Fatrap

There you have it.....maybe get into outdoor wildlife photography.

will see what type of volunteer work could use my talents

Approach your local school board and see if they have need for your talents in presenting workshops to high school graphics/technology classes. :)

I just bought a new boat...I'll be spending my retirement saying, "Howdy Maaaaam, welcome to Wal-Mart....do you need a basket?"

Harpo

I just bought a new boat...I'll be spending my retirement saying, "Howdy Maaaaam, welcome to Wal-Mart....do you need a basket?"

Harpo

Bbwahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! I just may have to do the same thing..:p

Uncle Billy

Back