Thinking about a trip to Champlain - Mid June

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Sullivan

Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking a trip up to Champlain this summer when work (school) lets out. How's the fishing that time of year and any rec's as far as lodging? What about a useful website for reservations and info. I'm thinking about a lakeside cottage that sleeps 6 for mine and my bro's family. I'd be coming from PA. Any tips or useful info would be appreciated my peeps!

:huh:

Thanks for those sites Tom. Without divulging the whereabouts of your honey hole, any productive locations, techniques, or helpful hints for the south end?

:D

There are a BUNCH of big tourneys on Champlain this coming year. The Elite 50, a BASS open, the FLW, 2 BFL's, the Everstart, plus all the local/regional tourneys as usual.

I think you will be safest in August, but the fishing is slower then as the lake temp is at it's peak. The best thing you can hope for then is some wind....which is only a matter of time on Champlain! LOL When it's hot, the chop will bring the fish up from the deep.

Tom is right on with the Marine Village, it's a super nice place to stay and is right on the water.

Keep an eye out for a white Ranger with Red strips and a 175 Merc efi on the back, that would be me.

Hey thanks guys. It looks like I will be staying in VT across from Port Henry. I checked Bass and FLW and their Champlain T's are different weeks from when I'll be there....Although it would be kinda cool having never been an on the water spectator for a pro tourney.

Rob, I'll be in a red 175 with a 50 merc! :D

Back