Things were just going way too well....!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
What a beautiful weekend weather wise here is Michigan. Near 80 degrees, dry and me with nearly a full weekend to fish. Spent most of the day Saturday, prepping and loading the TV-18 with all of my fishing goodies. Up at 5 am Sunday, packed a lunch, dressed in shorts and t-shirt on April 18th..! In Michigan..!! Unbelievable...!! Drive 30 minutes to an early season Bass catch and release lake. Drop the rig in the water, tie her up to the dock, park the truck. Walk back to the dock, huge grin of anticipation to bass fish after a way to long winter. Fire up the motor, fires on the first turn of the key, new battery works awesome, motor sounds great, good water stream, let her warm up a bit. Okay, ready to go, pop her into reverse, motor sounds great, but I aint movin..!! Try it again, nothin..!! She sits still, motor purrin like a kitten, but will not go into gear, forward or backwards. Seems my neutral button/fast idle lever took a dump on me, on the morning of my season opening inaugeral voyage no less...!! I somehow knew in the back of my mind that the weekend was just too perfect. I had planned on fishing all day yesterday, today and tomorrow (my days off), but now here I sit, getting ready to do more off my endless honey - do's list while my boat sits at the service center under the watchful eyes of Craig and Kathy Roberts. This is just killin me...what have I done to be tortured so hideously by the fishing gods...!!!

One word.....tin! You have angered the fishing gods by disgracing them with tin! LOL Now if it were and 882, 901, etc, you would have been fishing.

Or he'd be waiting for it to get back from the factory after extensive fiberglass repairs from the season before.

HHHHMMM...u think that could be it huh..?? Perhaps I should of posed that question to the two different Lund owners who tried to assist me at the ramp...Who by the way had no problems with their tin boats...or maybe I coulda asked the Triton guy who was M.F.'ing himself because he left the keys to his rig at home...perhaps those pretty sparkles blinded his common sense when he was leaving his house....

wow smitty you sound way to angry over the hole glass/tin thing.

take two deep breaths and be happy you were still at the ramp and not out in the middle somewhere.

GregD

smitty....

note to self. when the outboard isnt working, use the little electric on the bow, you could have STILL FISHED!

Mini

I'm not the least bit angry over the glass/tin thing...u took my post the wrong way Greg, I expect things to happen to my boat now, it has reached the point of being laughable. Maybe I shoulda added an LOL at the end. Anyhow, I did go fishin for a couple hours but could'nt get my attitude straight out there on the water thinkin about my boat. As Toxic mentioned..I have been through the ringer, thought my streak had finally ended. Going on 4 straight years now that I'm again boatless at the beginning of a season because a warranty issue rears its ugly head. Enough of that though, I've turned a corner with these issues, there are bigger problems in the world. Like what color Ranger I'm ordering the moment I'm able....!!!

Back