Thermostats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Orieux

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a line and tell y'all that I successfully changed out the thermostats on my 2006 Opti 200 lst night. For the last 2 seasons (which in western Canada, aren't all that long) I would get a constant alarm but only at low speeds, like at around 1000-1200 rpm. Changed out the water pump about a year and a half ago and that seemed to solve the problem. About 15 engine hours later, the alarm returned. after much research and some questions and responses right here on this board, I was confident there something wrong with the Thermostats. Went ahead ordered 2 which, for whatever reason, are pricey ($100 per, not including gaskets) and went about chnaging them. What I discovered was that both thermostats were stuck completely open. I hope that this finally solves the problem. If not my lst resort is to actually bring it to dealer and put the scanner to it and see if they can pinpoint the problem. My only reservation with that is the fact that a lot of techs now are simply parts changers, not problem solvers. Anyway, for all those who added their 2 cents along the way, thank you.

I got a brand new 2012 Z7 150 Optimax first trip out had the same beep you mentioned bad thermostat also. New Boat but a bad part.

Back