The Bass Did Not Miss Me...!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
Well, after a long hard Michigan winter, I finally got out yesterday, and I've got a wicked sunburn to prove it...!!! Oh, it hurts sooo good...!!LOL

Went to one of our local C & R lakes....saw a ton of bass, but they obviously did not miss me as they were none to eager to eat. Managed one undersize smallie on a 4 inch Senko rigged wacky style. I watched him stare at it for a good 30 seconds before he sucked it in. Smallies all over the breaks, some big uns, but they were very spooky and not much interested in anything I offered to them. Managed to wack 5 pike with a jerk bait, one of which was about 35 inches, he had a really disgusting and huge sore on his side with some kind of pussy ooze coming out of it...needless to say, I did'nt bring him in the boat, I removed the hooks while he dangled over the side. Also had one of my new Rapala slash baits stolen by one of those toothy critters..!! Got a total of about 10 casts with it...!! One of the hazards of fishing in the north country I suppose.

The TV18, 150XR6 ran great. The one downside to my whole trip is some A - Hole stole my trailer license plate while I was out on the lake. Oh well, police report has been filed, and I picked up a new plate on the way home. Won't he have a surprise when one of my brothers runs his plate...!!HEHEHE

AHHH yes the start to bass season....good times here in Michigan. I have been out 3 times on a local lake. Have caught a total of around 30 bass so far this season between me and a buddy. First time out we caught 5 or 6 second time out caught 1 third time out we hammered them. We went out Sunday evening for a few hours. We found the bass to be on the beds and very very agressive. This is a very shallow lake so the water was already 70 degrees. That night we caught about 24 bass however none of them over about 14 inches. Caught most of these bass on soft jerkbaits....Arkansas Shad pattern. Caught a couple on Senkos wacky rigged style and then one on a spinnerbait. That was a fun night.

I love them Bassus. :D

T.S.

Travis...

Don't forget...you cannot even "target" bass in Michigan until either:

You are on a "designated" catch and release lake, or

Season opens the Saturday preceeding Memorial Day...

az

Stealing a cops license plate,........now that will eventually cost him/her a LOT more than they bargained for,,...:rolleyes::wacko:

I was really targeting those...ummm MONSTER CRAPPIE!!!! LOL...dang bass just wouldnt stay off the line....LOL

HAAAA:lol: Now we know what's on Smitty's mind. :lol:

Harpo

Back