Thanks Dan J!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Boys and I hooked up with Big Dan J. at the Boat Show this morning. I've had a bad cold all week, and didn't get a chance to go on Thurs with a friend (no kids) like I had planned. Still don't feel 100% but the kids FORCED me to go!!! LOL

Only downside was a $120 speeding ticket on the way down, first one in over 10 years!!! Bear sitting right where the speed drops from 65 to 55mph and a BUNCH of them staged nailing folks. Oh well.

Watched Dan work his magic on a couple buying a boat, and the CUTE Booth Babes gave my boys each realy nice cotton Tracker Hats (Daddy had to BEG for one!!!).

Checked out ALL the boats, even the $699,000.00 houseboat!! WOW!!!

Got a chance to realy look over the TV18-All Fish with the saltwater vinyl decks. Great layout, lots of storage, and options. Only saw 2 things I think they need to improve:

1. The driver seat it TOO far back against the rear storage. when you open the rear storage it rubs the reat seat and pushes it forward, which will quickly wear out the back of the drivers seat. Also the drivers seat is so far back against the storage that sitting on the seat pushes the back of the seat into the storage lid.

2. The rear storage is NOT lockable, I know that can be remidied but that would make it much more safe outdoors at a slip or hotel.

But there was a lot of traffic at the Nitro/Tracker site and everyone was realy nice.

Just gotta kick this cold before my 2nd (and probably last) club T next Saturday.

Trep

You are more than welcome, Trep. It was sure nice to see you and the boys again!

I'm heading out for the last day of the show in a few minutes. It's kinda sad, though. We all get to spend 5 days with our friends without tourney competition on the brain and see the smiling faces of the kids (meaning everybody) going through the boats. We've had a fantastic amount of sales, but more importantly, we've made a few hundred more friends. Too bad it's only once a year in Atlanta. I hope to see you all again real soon. (Our Spring Classic is 2/25-2/27!)

Trep, Fishing your last tournment in the club? What happened? I thought you were have fun and learning quite a bit from this club.

Trep, sorry about the ticket. Georgia has to have more state troopers per capita than any other state. You oughta see it in Hampton on a Nascar race day. Seems like there's thousands of troopers there. Hutch

Thanks again Dan, kids had a BALL!!! Me too!!

Al - I got the T schedule from the club Pres, most of the 5 2 day (overnight) T's this year are during either a weekend I have Sunday school to teach or a Jewish holiday weekend. I also sat down and ran the numbers and it's about a $1,000 per year habit just in club fees, dues, travel... And this year it's not in the budget. Its not that the club is high priced (its one of the least expensive i've found) but when you take into account paying 1/2 of the boaters gas, meals before/after the T (which I'd NOT want to miss!!), and the extra day off on Fridays to travel/pre-fish for the overnighters, it's just not a good time for me. I'll keep looking for a Local club that fishes the 2-3 lakes near by, but right now i'm thinking of starting the NTOWS GA club just to force a fun Rally type every month or so around here.

Hutch - I'll live on the Ticket, luckily it's the first one in 10 years, and I SHOULD have known it too, I saw the first Lazer gun (and I was mid-pack with everyone else, in the middle lane) and thought - Nope, i'm not running out front, i'll stay right here in the middle - and then #2 picks me out. He was nice and reduced the speed over to 14 over the speedlimit and in GA that means no Points and no record to insurance Co's, so just a $120 to Cobb County. And they were RIGHT at the sign where I-75 drops from 65 mph to 55 mph. Oh well, lesson learned.

Trep

Back